Newest Member
    joxey
January Banter String

George BM

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
34 minutes ago, Lowershoresadness said:

snow is like the milk at the bottom of the bowl after you eat lucky charms. also I'm really doped up on pain meds right now #spinal stenosis. The colors on the models make me say ohhhh and weeeeeee.

No more shoveling for you! And I’m hoping you get some treatment for a long term recovery. Be careful with those pain meds.

19 hours ago, psuhoffman said:

Anyone heard from Mitch?  I'm getting worried about him. Flu this year is no joke and he's been mia for a while. 

I was thinking about him as well. Hope everything is alright. Sounds as if it is a pretty serious strain this go round. 

On 1/26/2018 at 10:41 AM, WxWatcher007 said:

Opportunity I was hoping to share with you all fell through. 

Still really optimistic about the future though.

Sorry to hear that. You have a good head on your shoulders so I am sure things will work out well for you in the future. But let me see if I can dial up some snow in the next couple of weeks to help cheer you up in the meantime. :) 

On 1/25/2018 at 11:50 PM, birdsofprey02 said:

Side note:  I took a few weather classes in college and actually see my professor at the gym.  He was excited I remembered him and his class 15 years later.  

If you don’t mind me asking, what were the classes and the professor? I took the Weather and Climate class in ‘03 and then the tropical meteorology course in ‘04 at UMBC. Both were in the Geography/ Environmental science dept. since UMBC doesn’t have a met degree. I was an economics major but got permission to take them as electives since I was interested. You may have been in my class! Lol

2 hours ago, PrinceFrederickWx said:

If you don’t mind me asking, what were the classes and the professor? I took the Weather and Climate class in ‘03 and then the tropical meteorology course in ‘04 at UMBC. Both were in the Geography/ Environmental science dept. since UMBC doesn’t have a met degree. I was an economics major but got permission to take them as electives since I was interested. You may have been in my class! Lol

Just pulled up my transcripts... I took Weather & Climate with Dr. Tokay in Fall 2003, were you Spring or Fall?  Never took the Tropical class.  I ended up being a double major with InfoSys and Geography.  Most of my Geography classes were for cartography and GIS (I got a certificate in both).  

I did take a few Economics class because it was part of my InfoSys degree.  ECON101 that same semester in Fall 03' and then ECON102 in Spring 04' then ECON121 in Fall 04' and ECON122 in Spring 05.

1 hour ago, birdsofprey02 said:

Just pulled up my transcripts... I took Weather & Climate with Dr. Tokay in Fall 2003, were you Spring or Fall?  Never took the Tropical class.  I ended up being a double major with InfoSys and Geography.  Most of my Geography classes were for cartography and GIS (I got a certificate in both).  

I did take a few Economics class because it was part of my InfoSys degree.  ECON101 that same semester in Fall 03' and then ECON102 in Spring 04' then ECON121 in Fall 04' and ECON122 in Spring 05.

Fall 2003, Weather and Climate, Dr Tokay- wow you were in my class!!

1 hour ago, Maestrobjwa said:

So...it's been 7 years (yesterday) since commutagedon...and 3 years since giant, history-making blizzard that wasn't in New York, lol (We should have a "this day in MA/Northeast weather history" thread!)

8 years ago we were about to enter the most epic winter period in this region.

10 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

And JI was complaining then too. 

We have a legit shot at going on a heater in Feb. Could be quite a comeback. Way way to early to spike any footballs or say we're locked in but you can help but have that gut feeling that the tide is turning right now. 

If anyone complains about mixed events or snow melting too fast or sun angle or any of that crap I'm going on an ignore clicking spree. 

1 minute ago, Bob Chill said:

We have a legit shot at going on a heater in Feb. Could be quite a comeback. Way way to early to spike any footballs or say we're locked in but you can help but have that gut feeling that the tide is turning right now. 

If anyone complains about mixed events or snow melting too fast or sun angle or any of that crap I'm going on an ignore clicking spree. 

i could care less how fast the snow melts...i like snow before the storm and during the storm. once its over....im over it

7 minutes ago, Maestrobjwa said:

Are you being sarcastic or did this actually happen? Lol 

Look down....answer your question. Lol

2 minutes ago, Ji said:

there was a really boring stretch of weather between the Dec 19 blizzard and the January 30 southern slider.....February though got better

So that february was acceptable to you? 

16 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

I'm pretty sure we are on the same page. Actually it's become incredibly rare if not totally non existent that there is anything in your posts I disagree with. But that 2010 winter was telling. I very clearly remember around January 20 that year when we were already all sitting near or above climo snow, having had our best December  HECS ever, and staring at the mother of all -nao split flow juiced stj patterns reloading in the long range heading into our prime climo and there was still a barrage of complaining and pessimism in here. I was looking at the guidance, remembering the dec HECS, and reading all the "this sucks" posts and shaking my head. If that winter wasn't good enough to stop the complaining nothing ever will. It's hopeless. 

6 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

I'm pretty sure we are on the same page. Actually it's become incredibly rare if not totally non existent that there is anything in your posts I disagree with. But that 2010 winter was telling. I very clearly remember around January 20 that year when we were already all sitting near or above climo snow, having had our best December  HECS ever, and staring at the mother of all -nao split flow juiced stj patterns reloading in the long range heading into our prime climo and there was still a barrage of complaining and pessimism in here. I was looking at the guidance, remembering the dec HECS, and reading all the "this sucks" posts and shaking my head. If that winter wasn't good enough to stop the complaining nothing ever will. It's hopeless. 

Emotional forecasting gets under my skin. "Not gonna snow just cuz!". Lol. At least post reasonable analysis why you think it's not going to work out. Something other than "it didn't snow last event and it made me mad and sad so this time will be no different!"  

30 minutes ago, Ji said:

i could care less how fast the snow melts...i like snow before the storm and during the storm. once its over....im over it

I know that. You and I are similar there. Yea, I like the appeal of snow sticking around but the real fun for me is the lead up and watching it happen. After that I'm ready for the event to do the same thing with and not worry nor care about my grass showing through. 

I'm totally good with snow changing to rain too. Once it flips I close the shades and move on. We're the mid atlantic not the Rockies. Lol

5 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

Can't lie between my future prospects heating up (I think) and that first warm day a while back, I've checked out and have had a hard time checking back in. It'd be nice to go on a winter wx heater around here. 

Always pulling and rooting for you dude. Hope the prospects work out for you. 

• H2O unpinned this topic

Archived