Newest Member
    joxey
Jan 4-6 Coastal Bomb

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, WintersComing said:

Still not sure why we are tossing anything at this point.  You can see the standard NAM is still having issues with the convection down south.  Not sure anyone can say one is right and one is wrong at this point.

I's called consensus.  If a model stick out like a sore thumb, it's likely incorrect and the 3km did that.

2 minutes ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

I's called consensus.  If a model stick out like a sore thumb, it's likely incorrect and the 3km did that.

Honestly there hasn't been much consensus other than a westward trend with most models.  I'm not saying take the 3K to the bank but tossing anything at this point might be premature.

Just now, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Chill out, Bob...no one is calling anyone out. But I take tossed as excluded as a viable solution...semantics, I guess.

tossed means not using it in your ensemble of guidance, I agree. It doesn't have to have lots of weight to not be tossed.

RPM is decently east as well...that leaves me to toss the westward NAM solutions from 06z and the 3km 12z solution.

The non-hydrostatic models led the westward charge in the past 24-36 hours, but now you have disagreement amongst them in the nearer term...the RGEM/RPM are east of the amped NAM solutions, so that is a red flag.

1 minute ago, ORH_wxman said:

RPM is decently east as well...that leaves me to toss the westward NAM solutions from 06z and the 3km 12z solution.

The non-hydrostatic models led the westward charge in the past 24-36 hours, but now you have disagreement amongst them in the nearer term...the RGEM/RPM are east of the amped NAM solutions, so that is a red flag.

Will-can you post RPM?

2 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

I agree its less likely...but I don't trust this system..the dynamics and power on display here is difficult for any model to harness...spoken from someone who wants nothing to do with a Berkshire bonanza. I agree, though..if modeling is correct, that outcome is pretty unlinlkely.

Just now, ORH_wxman said:

You don't say.... :facepalm:

Archived