Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
USCAPEWEATHERAF

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just looking at weather stuff for the first time today.  Hum,  lots of talk about wind in the Box discussion and no mention of wind in the Gray Maine discussion. I know you guys down there are more interested in the rain/snow line but I am curious about wind.  Trees up here are ice covered with 6" of snow on the pines from the first part of the storm.  A bombing low should give us some wind but again no discussion of it...

Such a fast moving storm and 12Z GFS has been very meh about heavy qpf in at least my part of the world, Dendrite land.  Maybe a 3-6" quick deal?

It's going to be brutal. 
My forecast has highs of 0F or below for a couple days.  Looking at maybe 72 hours below 0F based on the zone forecast, ha.
I mean its hard to comprehend these values right now but it's going to hurt.  High of -3F with a low of -20F on Thursday in the point and click for 700ft.
Wednesday Partly sunny. Highs zero to 5 above zero. Wednesday Night Partly cloudy. Cold with lows around 15 below. Thursday Partly sunny. Cold with highs 5 below to zero. Thursday Night Partly cloudy. Cold with lows around 20 below. Friday Partly sunny. Cold with highs around zero. Friday Night Partly cloudy with a 30 percent chance of snow. Cold with lows around 10 below.
Supposed to ski wildcat on Friday. May reconsider.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

28 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

That is a sweet look for central and nrn VT east into Maine as H7 closes off. The NNE revenge tour continues unabated.

Yep. We'll see powderfreak post the usual "wow just nuking here. The models had all the qpf to the southeast and we're gonna end up with 8-10"!!!"...classic 500-700 goodies up that way. 

Just now, ORH_wxman said:

Yep. We'll see powderfreak post the usual "wow just nuking here. The models had all the qpf to the southeast and we're gonna end up with 8-10"!!!"...classic 500-700 goodies up that way. 

I can't wait to see radar images of yellows over the spine and snow covered Subarus.

9 minutes ago, tunafish said:

For the Maine crew:  how likely is it the coastal plain gets stuck in subsidence between the two mesoscales?  Looks like that's at least a seni-realistic outcome for PWM, @lavarock & @dryslot.

I notice the GFS has been pretty steady with that feature, The euro has done it too, Its a good possibility we could get caught in the transfer and huff some subsidence exhaust, That's why i would have like to seen this develop sooner and further east, I know i'm speaking for the majority here as well, We will have to see if it makes any last minute tics.

Archived