joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
USCAPEWEATHERAF

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

you know the climate, just like yesterday’s major ice storm....

2-4” looks fine for you, no reason to keep clicking your heels for higher. 

I’ve noticed you’ve been getting more and more negative towards me and my posts. Your area is good for 3-6” . Euro has it, Reggie has it. It’s wire to wire snow for most of interior CT . Just please don’t use the Gfs 

6 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

I’ve noticed you’ve been getting more and more negative towards me and my posts. Your area is good for 3-6” . Euro has it, Reggie has it. It’s wire to wire snow for most of interior CT . Just please don’t use the Gfs 

Scoots just said you good for 2-4” which is exactly what I said lol. 

9 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Will or Scoots.. does this start as paste and end as powder in that final massive band, or is it paste beginning to end?

The first couple hours might be powder too. If we get the big ending it will flash to powder but if not it will basically shut off before we draw in a bunch of colder air. You may get a few pingers there too or even some brief ZR. The warm nose at 825-850 does try and sneak in there briefly. 

This storm isn't going to have very heavy rates outside of any potential stinger band at the end...which is no guarantee itself. Prob a lot of 1 mile vis stuff down in SNE while the same radar returns up near powderfreak and saranac lake has half mile and quarter mile fluffy dendrites. 

1 minute ago, ORH_wxman said:

The first couple hours might be powder too. If we get the big ending it will flash to powder but if not it will basically shut off before we draw in a bunch of colder air. You may get a few pingers there too or even some brief ZR. The warm nose at 825-850 does try and sneak in there briefly. 

This storm isn't going to have very heavy rates outside of any potential stinger band at the end...which is no guarantee itself. Prob a lot of 1 mile vis stuff down in SNE while the same radar returns up near powderfreak and saranac lake has half mile and quarter mile fluffy dendrites. 

is the sun gonna come out today to melt some of this stuff?

16 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Dewpoints are low, and with highs only in low 30’s, should wetbulb down to mid- upper 20’s .

was hoping for paste so it all doesn’t blow around tomorrow 

Archived