• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
USCAPEWEATHERAF

3 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Obviously ok still where I am but it definitely blows considering it could have been a New England wide Christmas Snowfestivus.  

I would honestly trade half my totals if everyone all the way out to James could get some accumulating for Christmas.   It might be a side of ibuprofen with my bourbon and egg nog if I have to deal with 6" of dense on Christmas morning. 

You think like I do.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The GFS further shows the idea of the potential for a ridiculous band (with thundersnow!!!!) that will develop and push through the region (somewhere). Looks like it could get portions of NW/western CT and into western/parts of central MA. This is still just over 24 hours out and the window for how things are evolving between the primary and secondary are so small that it really won't take much for things to change (positive or negative). For that warm punch aloft...its not like we're talking about a few thousand feet of layer that drastically warms...only like 1000...maybe 1500' or so. Sfc temps could be a problem...34..35...36 but the degree of dynamics at play here are enough to where nothing can be discounted yet. 

41 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Other than cod that's a list of folks who forever post, post storm I am surprised I got that much. Frankly it's like clockwork 

yup you got that right....all the hours looking/studying winter wx events I have yet to be surprised in a good way here in Springfield

back when I lived in Bristol CT it happened a handful of times

2 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

LoL. I need a break. Must be nice. 

All chook related. The driveway, run, paths through the yard, getting the snow off the roof, etc. Just a big PITA, but of course I go overboard. Then I waited too long to snowblow today and ended up with a foot of slop at the end of the driveway. Plus I'm old now.

9 minutes ago, dendrite said:

All chook related. The driveway, run, paths through the yard, getting the snow off the roof, etc. Just a big PITA, but of course I go overboard. Then I waited too long to snowblow today and ended up with a foot of slop at the end of the driveway. Plus I'm old now.

Have to sand the driveway and roof rake the first 4', I have 4' icicles and some damming issues.

13 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Still fine here.

There's not much guidance that is bad there. You get close on a lot of it but it seems like you will survive. It should be a decent moderate event. Mid levels don't argue for more than 6-8 unless someone gets really lucky. 

Was going to wait for the GFS bufkit but screw this...just going to be another ****ty forecast probably due to overanalyzing...or underanalyzing but this is garbage. couldn't manage a more significant ice storm today and probably won't get anything tomorrow night either. This is ridiculous. cold, cold, cold, with a few storms and can't get it right.  

Archived