Newest Member
    joxey
Winter model mehhem or mayhem nature will decide

weathafella

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, WinterWolf said:

Give us your call Ray?  What do you think is going to happen?  

It's a week a way. Nobody can predict something a week out. If you have a gun to your head, the truth is you can't make a forecast a week out so what you do is you keep an eye on the model with the better verification scores. Probability is on the side of the Euro. Watch the Euro and see how things are taking shape as we get closer to the event. Don't be the weenie who thinks they can make a spot on forecast 7 days from the event. Don't be the weenie asking for a spot on forecast 7 days from and event, and then ready to bash people when it doesn't work out 100%

“Bold” prediction.  The first snow event was a result of a front being much further west once it cleared the area than was forecast 3-4-5-7 days out.  That has occurred a ton since 2014 so why wouldn’t it happen again?  I see no way this isn’t a rain event mostly for the 25th or 26th.  Still, the idea that the SE ridge may push out to 12/31 or 1/1 that some ensembles showed 5-7 days ago was clearly bogus from the start 

1 minute ago, #NoPoles said:

It's a week a way. Nobody can predict something a week out. If you have a gun to your head, the truth is you can't make a forecast a week out so what you do is you keep an eye on the model with the better verification scores. Probability is on the side of the Euro. Watch the Euro and see how things are taking shape as we get closer to the event. Don't be the weenie who thinks they can make a spot on forecast 7 days from the event. Don't be the weenie asking for a spot on forecast 7 days from and event, and then ready to bash people when it doesn't work out 100%

I wouldn't expect anybody to give a spot on forecast a week away....ever.   I just asked what somebody "Thought was going to happen?"

Anthony gave his opinion...maybe he's wrong?  Maybe it works out the cold gets here sooner?  He was asked to support his idea, and he did.  He's not a MET, neither am I or you.   I've been saying for a while, that this is a ways out...things have been changing so fast...it's hard to keep up.   I agree, I wouldn't be locking anything in a week away.   The cold is coming though...just a matter of if it gets here for the 25th.

And I have no problem with rain on xmas day...not one bit.  I left those ideas/feelings behind a long time ago.  Would love some snow, but not a big deal if it rains either.  Life is too short to worry about that nonsense, and let it ruin your day/holiday.

4 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

I wouldn't expect anybody to give a spot on forecast a week away....ever.   I just asked what somebody "Thought was going to happen?"

Anthony gave his opinion...maybe he's wrong?  Maybe it works out the cold gets here sooner?  He was asked to support his idea, and he did.  He's not a MET, neither am I or you.   I've been saying for a while, that this is a ways out...things have been changing so fast...it's hard to keep up.   I agree, I wouldn't be locking anything in a week away.   The cold is coming though...just a matter of if it gets here for the 25th.

And I have no problem with rain on xmas day...not one bit.  I left those ideas/feelings behind a long time ago.  Would love some snow, but not a big deal if it rains either.  Life is too short to worry about that nonsense, and let it ruin your day/holiday.

I’ll grind my kid’s presents in the garbage disposal on xmas morning if it’s 55f and humid, again.

1 minute ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Kind of, but depends where the ridge is placed, it changes sensible weather. 

Just like the -nao, they think it equates to no cutters and weenie storms. 

A +PNA pattern is pretty much defined as ridging in the west and troughing in the east. Of course it doesn't guarantee weenie storms, but it guarantees that there won't be a west coast trough and an east coast ridge.

1 minute ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Cut him some slack, he is usually very undecisive. 

LOL...good one.  

Everybody calm the F down.  With an EPO that negative it's gonna dump a ton of cold into the center of the nation...and it's going to push east..I think that is pretty certain.  If not for the 25th, then shortly thereafter.  

4 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I don't know, but I'd lean toward a milder solution.

OK fair enough.  You're probably right.  I too think it will take a lil longer for the cold to get here(not that it matters what I believe).  Let's just see how all this plays out over the next week.  

BTW, nice post Ginx...some of it was over my head...but I got the general jist of what Philippe was getting at.  Interesting for sure.

5 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

OK fair enough.  You're probably right.  I too think it will take a lil longer for the cold to get here(not that it matters what I believe).  Let's just see how all this plays out over the next week.  

BTW, nice post Ginx...some of it was over my head...but I got the general jist of what Philippe was getting at.  Interesting for sure.

Its fine to support a colder solution,  but offering up a negative EPO as the lone rational pretty one dimensional and ill founded.

Archived