Newest Member
    joxey
December Discobs Thread

George BM

• Replies 475
  • Created
  • Last Reply
30 minutes ago, EastCoast NPZ said:

A couple random flurries.  Thank goodness for this epic December pattern.  The month isn't even over and this is already our third flurry event!

I am actually going to end up with measurable snow with this "event" I think. I am definitely over a dusting at this point.

We picked up another 2.5” since last evening here at Deep Creek Lake.  Very fluffy and powdery dry, it can be removed from cars by just using your windshield wipers and blows off the rest of the car as soon as you start moving.  Very pretty now at lake, thanks to around 8” of snow since Christmas Eve and with ice quickly forming in the coves, even on sections of the lake main body.  After morning snow showers, sun is now shinning though temp remains stable in the low to mid teens. 

1 hour ago, Farwesternmd said:

We picked up another 2.5” since last evening here at Deep Creek Lake.  Very fluffy and powdery dry, it can be removed from cars by just using your windshield wipers and blows off the rest of the car as soon as you start moving.  Very pretty now at lake, thanks to around 8” of snow since Christmas Eve and with ice quickly forming in the coves, even on sections of the lake main body.  After morning snow showers, sun is now shinning though temp remains stable in the low to mid teens. 

Nice to see someone else from the lake area!  I measured 3.9” on my car this morning but we’re in a mini microclimate of sorts where we are in McHenry (we tend to be a couple degrees colder than surrounding areas and do a bit better in snow).  P&C forecast tonight shows a low of -2 at my house and NWS Pitt just posted wind chill advisories for tonight as they’re forecast to be -16 below.

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic
  • WxUSAF pinned this topic

Archived