Newest Member
    joxey
November Banter Thread

George BM

• Replies 808
  • Created
  • Last Reply
40 minutes ago, Stormpc said:

This snow business is very serious. I feel like we are already in the middle of Winter. I have to take a step back and realize it's only just past mid November. A lot of time and effort trying to find our 1st flakes. Delayed but not denied!! It will eventually happen. At least its not a complete bore in here. Ive learned a lot about beer, football, threesomes, strokes, roofs, global warming...etc. 

Yeah... Just finished mulching leaves on Sunday... 

53 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:

So it sounds like Founders CBS will be available December 1.

$26 for a 750 ml bottle. It's gonna be scarce...hope I can score one.:yikes:

I can foresee a sh**show at he better-known retailers. Like folks queued up for hours waiting for the drop, with all stock gone within 15 minutes. And then it’ll probably show up on shelves via the DC grey market within a few days, along with ridiculous markups.

Buddy of mine has a hookup in Michigan who is attending the release event at Founders and will be sending my friend two bottles. Even if I don’t score my own bottle, I’ll at least get a pour during a bottle share!

On 11/21/2017 at 0:09 PM, WxWatcher007 said:

If you were on either of those two late winter trains to destruction, you died. You just had an unmarked grave. 

I see we're starting "question the reaper" early this year. I will not tolerate this. 

I always question the reaper. Always ask questions.

We are going to get our snow. We're a #SnowTown.

15 minutes ago, RidingTheModelWithMostSnow said:

Yep... just like watching the ensembles.  They flip just as much as the OP.

The +height anomalies in the NA are verifying though. The position overall is probably a bit too far north, but I think some here got the wrong idea/expectation about what was likely to transpire. It is still November, so the "ground truth" outcome is not going to be the same as a similar pattern in say early January. What we wanted to see, and are continuing to see in the guidance, is persistence wrt HL +heights/blocking, plus some improvement in the NPAC. Preseason is almost over, so it will soon be time to ramp up the expectations- if we continue to see the models advertising a favorable pattern.

Went to buy a 12 of Guinness for Turkey day tomorrow and they were out. Ended up buying a 12 of Sierra Nevada Snow Pack because it was the only thing they had with a stout. Had pale ale, coffee stout, winter tide ale w/spices and holiday haze IPA. Here's hoping I don't regret not going to another store for my Guinness.

2 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

You need a better beer store if you need to buy a sampler to get a stout.

Small town in Western PA and a drive thru beer distributor to boot. Not exactly a wide variety to choose from. Could have gone down the road a bit but my wife and father-in-law were tired so I said the he** with it.

On 11/21/2017 at 11:57 AM, WxWatcher007 said:

That was the February list. Somehow everyone but you and @mappy gave up the weenie by the end of "winter" but that's not happening this year.

I will enforce the laws of nature with extreme prejudice and ruthless vigor this year. 

Don't slip, because I will catch you if you fall. 

Ummmmmm..............:unsure:

9 hours ago, Stormpc said:

I found one Hardywood I did not care for. Cuvee Gold. Drank the full bottle, but did not like it. I'm gonna try the Quadrahop tonight.  I am still buying, stocking up on the GBS and Gingerbread stouts. 

There’s a chance the Quadrahop leaves a little to be desired, since it’ll be pretty old by this point.

I’m not a fan of Belgian non-sour beers, so I haven’t bothered with the Cuvée Gold. Glad to hear I’m not missing anything! :lol:

5 hours ago, Vice-Regent said:

Finally a voice of reason in this model mayhem driving weenies to false hope.

The 500 mb pattern looks favorable heading into December for once. I doubt anyone expects it will snow in the next 2 weeks. 

Yes, we know it would excite you to see an advertised torch look.

4 hours ago, nw baltimore wx said:

The annual Cemetery 5k Turkey Trot is starting here shortly. I'm hoping to retain my title but it'll be tough. I've never lost this event but we have a record number of entrants this year. 3.

Happy Thanksgiving to all.

Good luck.  Ran a 5K Turkey Trot in 15:05 in HS.  (ran x-country and track back then...)  But,,, that was 37 years and 100+ lbs ago.  The only way I'd "run" a 5K now would be out of a plane with no parachute.  Even then the extra mass would likely create too much drag.  Can still do a sub 9:00 5 K on skates, but apples and oranges...  

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic

Archived