Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
November Banter Thread

George BM

Just now, C.A.P.E. said:

Its hard to find stuff like that around here, and usually the good places only get a small quantity of the limited/early release stuff. The KBS was tough but I got a few.

Anyway I am off to get mine now.

I should pick up a few more for some snowy nights this winter because this one won't make it through the afternoon.

• Replies 808
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, MillvilleWx said:

Touché haha. I swear, if we can’t beat Tom Savage at home on a Monday night, I’m gonna personally deliver coal to Joe Flacco and Marty M.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oddly, I am just as worried about the defense. They have been an enigma all season, with the 3 shutouts, and other games where its the same old "swiss Pees" in close games at crunch time. They have no excuses though, as they are talented and healthy. The offense is due for a bust out game through the air, but I have little faith in MM. They have lost 3 games at home I think, which is unheard of. If they cant manage to win this one, they are toast.

2 hours ago, C.A.P.E. said:

No I didn't. I avoid going out on Black Friday if I can help it lol. Did you score any?

Bought three of the regular. I could have bought more, but didn’t really think it necessary. All the varieties were gone by the time I hit each place.

My buddy waited 30 minutes at Total Wine I’m Chantilly and got all five varieties available. One of each except for two of the regular. The Reserve was $29.99 per bottle!

2 hours ago, nw baltimore wx said:

IMG_0374.thumb.JPG.66e468fe8f5512dc4b8243fbc15fdf25.JPG

Nicely done.

2 hours ago, nw baltimore wx said:

My local store has three varieties. The original, the blueberry, and the coffee (I think). I just got the original.

The coffee is always a hot commodity. The Northwoods is new this year - I heard it’s really sweet, so it’ll be interesting, if nothing else.

Just now, mattie g said:

Bought three of the regular. I could have bought more, but didn’t really think it necessary. All the varieties were gone by the time I hit each place.

My buddy waited 30 minutes at Total Wine I’m Chantilly and got all five varieties available. One of each except for two of the regular. The Reserve was $29.99 per bottle!

I just drove 30 mins to Kent island and bought the last bottle of the regular they had at the Winery there. So at least I have one. I'll try a couple other places Monday.

6 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:

I just drove 30 mins to Kent island and bought the last bottle of the regular they had at the Winery there. So at least I have one. I'll try a couple other places Monday.

There should be random sightings over the next couple weeks. I’ll probably hit some liquor stores while I’m at work in DC next week to see if any variants are available.

I did go in halfsies with my buddy on the Reserve, so we’re going to split that at some point in the next couple years. :lol:

Oddly, I am just as worried about the defense. They have been an enigma all season, with the 3 shutouts, and other games where its the same old "swiss Pees" in close games at crunch time. They have no excuses though, as they are talented and healthy. The offense is due for a bust out game through the air, but I have little faith in MM. They have lost 3 games at home I think, which is unheard of. If they cant manage to win this one, they are toast.

I have little faith in our offense and the Texans ends are fast and will be a problem if we can’t block them. I actually think our Defense will do well, but offense will hold us back again and make it closer than it should be. Saw the injury report and practice report earlier on Twitter. Stanley practiced in full, so he’s likely to play at this point which is huge. Jimmy Smith actually was a DNP, which is concerning, but reports say he’ll play. If he does, he should keep Hopkins under wraps. Fingers crossed we come out playing hard.

Just now, MillvilleWx said:

I have little faith in our offense and the Texans ends are fast and will be a problem if we can’t block them. I actually think our Defense will do well, but offense will hold us back again and make it closer than it should be. Saw the injury report and practice report earlier on Twitter. Stanley practiced in full, so he’s likely to play at this point which is huge. Jimmy Smith actually was a DNP, which is concerning, but reports say he’ll play. If he does, he should keep Hopkins under wraps. Fingers crossed we come out playing hard.

Stanley playing is huge. Hurst is awful and would need help again, and against their D-ends, it could get really ugly.

On 11/23/2017 at 2:00 PM, RDM said:

Good luck.  Ran a 5K Turkey Trot in 15:05 in HS.  (ran x-country and track back then...)  But,,, that was 37 years and 100+ lbs ago.  The only way I'd "run" a 5K now would be out of a plane with no parachute.  Even then the extra mass would likely create too much drag.  Can still do a sub 9:00 5 K on skates, but apples and oranges...  

I hadn't seen this but I'm happy to report that my consecutive titles streak continues! But I should also add that one of the entrants bailed so it was just two of us. Seriously, a 15 minute 5k is legit. I also "ran" xc in high school but I was terrible. Late bloomer physically and also not much competitive spirit back then made me one of the token "let's give him a hand" finish line scrubs. Years later as an adult when I was able to control my gangly limbs and fitness was a higher priority, I was a consistent age group threat, but my best time was just under 18, so never an overall threat. I keep thinking that now I'm going to get serious about running regularly and try to break 20 again, but so far that consistency evades me.

The leaves are really "stuck" on some of the trees this fall. I think it might have something to do with all the warmth then the sudden hard freeze we had. I have lots of oaks and some do hold their leaves long after they are brown and crispy, but this is something different. Maybe the sudden cold had some effect on the enzyme that causes the release.

The breeze that has kicked up over the past hour seems to be doing the trick though. Leaves are falling pretty good now.

10 hours ago, nw baltimore wx said:

I hadn't seen this but I'm happy to report that my consecutive titles streak continues! But I should also add that one of the entrants bailed so it was just two of us. Seriously, a 15 minute 5k is legit. I also "ran" xc in high school but I was terrible. Late bloomer physically and also not much competitive spirit back then made me one of the token "let's give him a hand" finish line scrubs. Years later as an adult when I was able to control my gangly limbs and fitness was a higher priority, I was a consistent age group threat, but my best time was just under 18, so never an overall threat. I keep thinking that now I'm going to get serious about running regularly and try to break 20 again, but so far that consistency evades me.

Congrats on retaining your title!  The only way I could compete with any sort of race these days is if I was the lone entrant.  And even then I'd likely exceed the time limit by hours if not days.  But hey, 18:00 or even 20:00 is a legit 5K for anyone, let alone someone over...  hummm...   well....  ok..., I ain't gona guess your age group nor admit mine.  None the less, it's still a good time.  At a steady 3mph (the average walk) I figure I'd be lucky to break an hour right now.  But it's all about getting out there and if mother nature cooperates and you luck out, if the event qualifies for a Jebwalk, all the better! 

1 hour ago, RDM said:

Congrats on retaining your title!  The only way I could compete with any sort of race these days is if I was the lone entrant.  And even then I'd likely exceed the time limit by hours if not days.  But hey, 18:00 or even 20:00 is a legit 5K for anyone, let alone someone over...  hummm...   well....  ok..., I ain't gona guess your age group nor admit mine.  None the less, it's still a good time.  At a steady 3mph (the average walk) I figure I'd be lucky to break an hour right now.  But it's all about getting out there and if mother nature cooperates and you luck out, if the event qualifies for a Jebwalk, all the better! 

Yeah, getting old sucks, but it’s better than not getting old! And I’m in the 50-54 age group, but only for another couple of months. Ugh

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic

Archived