Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
November Banter Thread

George BM

4 hours ago, RDM said:

Good luck.  Ran a 5K Turkey Trot in 15:05 in HS.  (ran x-country and track back then...)  But,,, that was 37 years and 100+ lbs ago.  The only way I'd "run" a 5K now would be out of a plane with no parachute.  Even then the extra mass would likely create too much drag.  Can still do a sub 9:00 5 K on skates, but apples and oranges...  

Weak

• Replies 808
  • Created
  • Last Reply
29 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

Yea man. There seems to be a disconnect with what guidance is showing and some of the posts around here. We're still a full week from the end of November. Very impressive blocking is showing up on all guidance. Our decent snow climo doesn't even really start for several weeks. The mild pattern showing up is only a downstream ridge response to troughing in the west. Pretty normal stuff. Everything else looks really good to me. 12z eps loses the AN heights in our hood by d15 and the gefs has been consistently faster. 

I see no reason to be negative about December at all. If anything we should all be more optimistic than at any time in the last 6 years. Imho- it's only a matter of time before the storm track starts looking ripe for areas south of 40N. 

I want what you're smoking. However I concede that Northern MD could cash in on something while I am left in the dust, outside chance but with the global oceans as warm as they are winter will not come till mid Jan if the 500mb pattern is cooperative, even then it will be a struggle. I still don't fully know for certain if the hadley cell perturbation is stable. People don't realize how cold this pattern should be. Things have certainly fundamentally shifted since the 2016 El Nino. No surprise to anyone with a plebeian understanding of climate stair-stepping and water vapor feedbacks.

The narrative has changed massively since 2010. You could say that back then AGW was comfortably stuck inside the background noise of climate however that is no longer the case. Infact, in order to accurately forecast we really need to discuss stuff like mid-latitude SSTA and summer thermal inertia (Without the taboo that still exists on this forum). God willing this heat will enhance snowfall once more for us instead of teasing us with near-misses.

I can't stress it enough, climate forcings giveth and taketh away. You need to find that sweet spot for running your SUV, threading the needle per se.

2 hours ago, C.A.P.E. said:

Tried some Sierra Nevada Trip in the Woods- Ginger Bigfoot.

Pretty tasty stuff. Lots of Ginger going on, and a tad sweet. Pretty well balanced though with the hops. Nice holiday season beer.

Not much of a ginger person myself. The Sierra Nevada Holiday pack I had yesterday was alright. The Coffee Stout in it I actually enjoyed though it wasn't quite to the level of a Guinness. 

3 hours ago, Bob Chill said:

Don't bother CAPE. When you wear bias glasses darker than eclipse glasses you can't even see the panels in front of you let alone properly analyze them. 

The idea that I want a particular outcome is nutty. I just try to understand where we are going. I am left in the dust on the EPS mean as well, vindicated once again. 

1 hour ago, Vice-Regent said:

The idea that I want a particular outcome is nutty. I just try to understand where we are going. I am left in the dust on the EPS mean as well, vindicated once again. 

No you dont. You post panels during a time frame when the pattern is clearly in transition, and you gleefully exclaim that cold air-masses are extinct in the midlatitudes.

3 minutes ago, nw baltimore wx said:

My local store has three varieties. The original, the blueberry, and the coffee (I think). I just got the original.

Its hard to find stuff like that around here, and usually the good places only get a small quantity of the limited/early release stuff. The KBS was tough but I got a few.

Anyway I am off to get mine now.

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic

Archived