Total Members
    Most Online
    CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
November Banter Thread

George BM

Just now, mattie g said:

Interesting. The WWS is $44.99/4-pack, so paying per bottle is $1 less expensive for a 4-pack! I’ve got an oak-aged WWS sitting in the basement. Not sure when to crack that one open...

I’ve seen reports of BCBS for $9.99/bottle and some in the same range as what you paid. All depends on availability and what the market will bear, I suppose.

The WWS is highly available around here. There are a few places that charge 12.99 a piece... eff that. There is a place in Easton 2 miles from where I work where I buy singles for 8.99. 

I really liked the original WWS. That said, the Oak aged with vanilla bean is pretty awesome too. Crack one open!

• Replies 808
  • Created
  • Last Reply
46 minutes ago, Vice-Regent said:

I have noticed this roughly since the Trump inauguration. This community is not very welcoming of conspiracy theories but I am not 100% sold on the absence of climate intervention programs. Past or present. It kind of chimes well with the surface temperature data between 2005-2012. Aerosols are a potent forcing, you would be surprised. Over any given year, industrial processes will release as much aerosols as 5 Mount Agung's. Albeit more dispersed and spread out over time.

On the flipside, we know more energy was entering the deep ocean between 2005-2012. It's really impossible to know for sure but I suspect the aerosols are just as side effect of burning fossil fuels en-masse and we've gotten better at reducing them and improving air quality, generally speaking.

Suddenly,  the snoski14 post appears well reasoned.

7 minutes ago, George BM said:

It's Round 3 of Guess the Event.

This (in my opinion) is harder than Round 2.

BTW, sorry for the long post.

That storm is probably gonna be something waaaay to old for me to remember, sadly. It's definitely a winter severe event. All I can think of is the February windstorm last year, but Ian wasn't regularly posting then and nor were some of these other guys. I'll have to dig through the archives. 

@George BM

I will take a guess at this (I swear I haven't looked at the archives). 

BethesdaWx is posting and I believe he was banned from that screen name in early 2012. This forum started in late 2010; therefore, the event in question is most likely in 2011.

There's a mention of the storm's winds being "even worse than last weekend"- makes me immediately think of the back-to-back windstorms in February 2011. However, there is talk about bow echoes and hail and tornado risks, while both those events in February were just clear windstorms and nothing else.

Final answer... April 2011? There was a big tornado outbreak around that time but I don't remember the exact day.

3 hours ago, PrinceFrederickWx said:

@George BM

I will take a guess at this (I swear I haven't looked at the archives). 

BethesdaWx is posting and I believe he was banned from that screen name in early 2012. This forum started in late 2010; therefore, the event in question is most likely in 2011.

There's a mention of the storm's winds being "even worse than last weekend"- makes me immediately think of the back-to-back windstorms in February 2011. However, there is talk about bow echoes and hail and tornado risks, while both those events in February were just clear windstorms and nothing else.

Final answer... April 2011? There was a big tornado outbreak around that time but I don't remember the exact day.

Lord have mercy, I may find the nearest bridge for having been placed in the same ballpark as StudentOfClimatology.

1 minute ago, showmethesnow said:

What? Your hemorrhoids? 

First it was flying placentas, then it was manure and disgusting smells. And now we have hemorrhoids? What has this place come to? Well I guess as long as your hemorrhoids aren't flying we can deal.

I love humor! Thanks for the laugh :) it's all fun at some level brother

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic

Archived