Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Summer Banter & General Discussion/Observations

CapturedNature

2 hours ago, weatherwiz said:

I can't believe I only got to go chasing once this summer.  Another overall summer of crappy severe wx.  We need an active summer...one with numerous events...not just one solid event.  SNE is starting to become horrible for severe wx.  

.....and RIC has had  a tough few winters.

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, powderfreak said:

When does the Western Atlantic Ridge start to flex its muscle like some promised for August.

This pattern is amazingly consistent. 

Day 8-10 mean from the ECM/GFS/GGEM... That takes us out through mid-August with no real change to the prevailing pattern.

aDCo0YG.gif

Right about the time the DIT flips negative.

3 hours ago, powderfreak said:

When does the Western Atlantic Ridge start to flex its muscle like some promised for August.

Day 8-10 mean from the ECM/GFS/GGEM... That takes us out through mid-August with no real change to the prevailing pattern.

aDCo0YG.gif

Keeps the Mushroom cloud North of us

9 hours ago, powderfreak said:

aDCo0YG.gif

Like we've been saying. Winter. We are in trouble 

12 hours ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

Did anyone on here know there was an EF1 in Maine on Saturday?

12 hours ago, dendrite said:

I bet Chris knew.

I do now. We have WGME coming in to talk about tornadoes later today. See my posts in NNE or the convective thread. It was a nice signature. Classic broken S QLCS tornadoes.

19 hours ago, powderfreak said:

aDCo0YG.gif

It's still there in the models/sources... 

I'm not taking sides in that debate, but it is possible (if not likely) that it will come and go, yet not really do much to  alter our our sensible weather and the reasons for our sensible weather. 

I mentioned this last week so personally ...not surprised if it actually takes place. But,...the models are expanding the troposphere by closing off some 590+ heights centered roughly over Bermuda, while maintaining the trough/weakness here. 

All that set up does/achieves is speeds up the flow between the two.  It's why we are about to see whatever TC and/or it's remnants get sucked up in the conduit and fired like a rifle pump right at England....  Cya!   

Some guidance have event depicted evolution where the taller heights squeeze west under the trough right through the TV ...only to merge with/retrograde into the predominating western ridge... May even (ironically) re-enforce the going paradigm out there around D10 as a consequence - ha.  

I'm still with Brian (if his views haven't changed...) that we're probably fubar to see much of a variation away from this trough until the seasonal change kicks in and planetary modalities force it to move away, ...re-enforce deeper... morph into something else entirely..  But until that happens, we are stuck with a pattern that really doesn't have any large scale forces to usurp ... Kind of a lesson in Newton's First Law in a lot of ways...

That's not saying we won't get a heat wave again... but a large paradigm shift isn't likely.  

Archived