SnowHabit
March 13 - 15 Major Winter Storm Potential

NEG NAO

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, mikem81 said:

also 925 temps are much colder than the 850's

The winds are from a northerly direction at the surface-the warm air might be coming much further up, at 800mb for example. That's why we need to pay attention to the mid level low tracks. But again, this is the NAM and it did take a good step.

5 minutes ago, snywx said:

12z NAM @ 27 hrs.. Looks like everyone from HPN southeastward taint for a couple hours. 

Screen Shot 2017-03-13 at 10.48.24 AM.png

Not really....sub 0 is down to Seaside/almost ACY, it just has one band moving through with verbatim sleet in there (intense storms sometimes can wrap in warmer air in certain bands), but overall good depcition for snow. In 1996, I was sleeting for 1-2 hours...

2 minutes ago, Zelocita Weather said:

Not really....sub 0 is down to Seaside/almost ACY, it just has one band moving through with verbatim sleet in there (intense storms sometimes can wrap in warmer air in certain bands), but overall good depcition for snow. In 1996, I was sleeting for 1-2 hours...

While I despise sleet because it makes shoveling suck it does a heckuva job keeping the snowpack intact for longer.  Being as far east as I am I kind of accepted a long time ago that I will mix even during the best storms.

Archived