• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Please post your observations, and other data for the Coastal Crusher Feb 9th 2017 here - Thanks!

WeatherFox

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
32 minutes ago, RU848789 said:

As of about 6"15 am, we had about 1" total snow/sleet.  It's about 1/2" of sleet/slush underneat about 1/2" of snow and with temps now down to 30F, it's very slick.  I just shoveled my driveway/sidewalk as I didn't want that mess to freeze solid - from now on I can just shovel snow, which is easy.  Coming down moderately now.  

As of 7 am, we have 1.5" of sleet/snow on the ground, meaning we've had 1/2" in the last 45 minutes - going to need to do better than that to get to 8"+ in the next 5-6 hours or so, which is what we supposedly have for good snows.  Does look like it's picking up the last 10 minutes.  Down to 29F.  

26 minutes ago, psv88 said:

Crazy gradient between north and south shore. Shocked they are still not all snow.

31.1 and pouring snow, almost 2" down.

I love how folks on the snow side of a gradient use terms like 'crazy', 'interesting', 'remarkable', 'noteworthy' like a scientist trying to contain their glee at the result of an experiment, while those on the non-snow side use terms like '#$%&', '@#@#$', and '$%#@!&.'

Here on south shore in Nassau, I was on the '@#$%' side until about 30 minutes ago, now I'm on the 'remarkable' side.  And it is pretty '@#$#' remarkable so far.

3 minutes ago, RU848789 said:

As of 7 am, we have 1.5" of sleet/snow on the ground, meaning we've had 1/2" in the last 45 minutes - going to need to do better than that to get to 8"+ in the next 5-6 hours or so, which is what we supposedly have for good snows.  Does look like it's picking up the last 10 minutes.  Down to 29F.  

I think this is a 6" storm give or take for our area south of 78 unless we see 2-3" hr rates for a while

Archived