• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Please post your observations, and other data for the Coastal Crusher Feb 9th 2017 here - Thanks!

WeatherFox

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, weatherpruf said:

people are afraid to even take a sick day or vacation.

Not me. I'm a SETTS (special ed) tutor/teacher at Calhoun, and I cancelled my sessions for today long before the DOE called off all NYC schools. Just not a smart idea to travel in a blizzard. It's good to work hard at your passion but there's a time to stay in bed and drink hot cocoa too.

Seems as if a little more mixing than expected will have to be compensated by extremely heavy snow rates. This thing is trucking.

1 minute ago, nzucker said:

Not me. I'm a SETTS (special ed) tutor/teacher at Calhoun, and I cancelled my sessions for today long before the DOE called off all NYC schools. Just not a smaet idea to travel in a blizzard. It's good to work hard at your passion but there's a time to stay in bed and drink hot cocoa too.

Seems as if a little more mixing than expected will have to be compensated by extremely heavy snow rates. This thing is trucking.

People aren't passionate, they are intimidated. I'm in education too. well sort of, I'm a social worker in the schools, so off today. But even Rutgers shut down and that's rare, mainly due to timing. Amounts of snow wasn't the reason; it's terrible driving out.

Just now, leesburg 04 said:

So many cars on the road...eh...it's just snow

There's not enough on the ground here in CNJ to keep most workers home, and if it ends by afternoon, they will have an easier commute. Easy to talk yourself into going esp if you think the boss will give you grief, and many will.

There's not enough on the ground here in CNJ to keep most workers home, and if it ends by afternoon, they will have an easier commute. Easy to talk yourself into going esp if you think the boss will give you grief, and many will.

Or you work for an organization that's actually obnoxious about not going in because of the weather. My kids and I have a snow day on LI but my wife is being forced to go in. They won't even start late.

Sent from my SM-G360T using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, weatherpruf said:

People aren't passionate, they are intimidated. I'm in education too. well sort of, I'm a social worker in the schools, so off today. But even Rutgers shut down and that's rare, mainly due to timing. Amounts of snow wasn't the reason; it's terrible driving out.

Almost all universities and schools are closed because the event started right before the morning commute. De Blasio cancelled public schools at 6pm, which precipitates a lot of other closings. And yes, this is a scared workforce in America, even though we put in far more hours than any similar country.

1 minute ago, leesburg 04 said:

So many cars on the road...eh...it's just snow

It's pretty early in the storm. There's only about 1-2" down in most of the metro area. I'm sure there'll be less traffic by 9-10am when things get real dicey. This isn't Virginia though...we've seen at least one major snowstorm in each of the last 4 winters. 11-12 was the only winter not to have an 8"+ event in NYC...13-14 had four such events (1/3, 1/24, 2/3, 2/14), five in the Bronx which had 8" in the Dec storm that year.

Archived