Newest Member
    joxey
Mid to Long Term Discussion 2017

buckeyefan1

• Replies 10.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
43 minutes ago, griteater said:

Cold air hangs around on the GFS and there's another southern stream wave and gulf low in early Jan...excellent run

Agreed. Beautiful run. Southern slider then on the heels of that there's a system firing up in the gulf and a nice little 1036 moving in tandem. Lots of potential right now. Can't remember the last time late December was this active model wise 

Agreed. Beautiful run. Southern slider then on the heels of that there's a system firing up in the gulf and a nice little 1036 moving in tandem. Lots of potential right now. Can't remember the last time late December was this active model wise 

IMO. This 12z looks kinda of weird comparing to previous runs. I don't think it gonna happen...

4 minutes ago, mackerel_sky said:

The 6z takes away the 88 redux! :(

Still has a little wedgy ice storm around the 29th, but I guess biggest takeaway is, cold is there , storms floating around, and not in total voo doo land timeframe! If most on the board don't see Frozen precip between Christmas and 5th of January, I'd be shocked

I think you have it. There will be cold and precip around and something could develop. Models will be very little help (outside 7 days) but to show overall pattern setup. 

24 minutes ago, mackerel_sky said:

The 6z takes away the 88 redux! :(

Still has a little wedgy ice storm around the 29th, but I guess biggest takeaway is, cold is there , storms floating around, and not in total voo doo land timeframe! If most on the board don't see Frozen precip between Christmas and 5th of January, I'd be shocked

even where I am at I might see some the evening of the 25th

9 hours ago, WarmNose said:

yeah...i'd be pretty surprised if we don't see at least one frozen/freezing precip event over the next few weeks. Pretty wild to see so much cold from coast to coast.

But speaking of wild....how about the canadian showing a 1070mb high on last night's run. :lol:  

Obviously this is likely well over done with the gfs/euro not supportive of such an extreme number. That said, the 18z gfs had the high up to 1066mb and the 0z run had it at around 1060. The 06z was back down to 1051mb. the euro in general has been in the 1045 to 1050mb range. 

Still pretty crazy to see any model show pressures that high...which would be a lower 48 US record...the current record is 1064mb recorded in montanta in 1983...and pushing the overall us record of 1078 set in alaska and the north american record of 1079mb set in canada in 1989. 

https://www.wunderground.com/blog/weatherhistorian/world-and-us-anticyclonic-high-barometric-pressure-records.html

gem_mslpa_us_34.png

21 minutes ago, WarmNose said:
3 hours ago, packfan98 said:

sn10_acc.us_ma.png

If this map verifies, my guess would be backend spotty flurries anywhere in the southeast that sets up east of the front. Minus those shielded by the mountains i.e. Mine and Mack's backyard. Any chance for a lee side trough with this set up?

with this set up and every single run being different... nothing is off the table

9EA781F3-2E3D-4880-972C-3711310E4DA8.jpeg

2 hours ago, mackerel_sky said:

Where's Pack and CR to tell us the upcoming pattern sucks and nobody south of DC is gonna see snow through mid January 

I'm still onboard with the period from Christmas through the first few days of Jan.  We'll get something during that time.  Other than that, the pattern sucks!  Bet this GFS run reverses last night's 0z and goes warm again. :)

Archived