Total Members
    Most Online
    Areri
    Newest Member
    Areri
Jonathan

Southeast Sanitarium - A Place to Vent

41 minutes ago, FallsLake said:

It's good to have you back! You still in Apex? 

Yep, sure am.   I won’t be around to much unless we start getting realistic threats.  Going to be fairly mundane, weather wise, next few weeks. 

• Like 2

Just now, magpiemaniac said:

:cliff:

I don’t remember seeing so much cliff diving around here this early.  It’s too early to write this winter off just yet.  I’ll start getting nervous in around three weeks or so.

Have Faith!!

5 hours ago, mackerel_sky said:

How is the pattern looking horrible? I’m getting snow next Tuesday! It’s sad when we have to post snow maps in the sanitarium!r

Chris Justus just said “We’re ringing in the year with cooooold air.” and the graphic in the background showed 44 in downtown Greenville..how has it come to this?

7 hours ago, mackerel_sky said:

How is the pattern looking horrible? I’m getting snow next Tuesday! It’s sad when we have to post snow maps in the sanitarium!r

Over the years you have been one of those leading the way for castigating the GFS for its fantasy snow storms and cold.  I think most of us have just learned our lesson.

Won't be long until the "maybe a bowling ball ULL in Late Feb or March will save us" or the 1960 redux! And definitely the "well it was a very mild winter before the blizzard of 1993 too". 

21 minutes ago, wncsnow said:

Won't be long until the "maybe a bowling ball ULL in Late Feb or March will save us" or the 1960 redux! And definitely the "well it was a very mild winter before the blizzard of 1993 too". 

Late winter IMO...it's coming :)

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Waiting on snow said:

Here we go again. Prime climo and this thread is the place to be. Does anyone actually expect cold in the se anymore?

There's cold up in western Canada. I think we'll get our chances in February. Indices don't look good going out two weeks. PNA will be strongly negative, AO and NAO positive. Again you would expect/hope that they then start to swing in the right direct afterwards (...three weeks?). 

• Like 1

GFS has been all over the place with precip amounts for this coming weekend.

RDU has gone from 4.52" on yesterday's 06z to 0.24" this morning for the same time period.

1 hour ago, Solak said:

GFS has been all over the place with precip amounts for this coming weekend.

RDU has gone from 4.52" on yesterday's 06z to 0.24" this morning for the same time period.

Wouldn't mind the 0.24 to verify... My yard is soup from the past couple weeks and 1.5"+ from Friday/Saturday

If this pattern continues, it's only a matter of time before major flooding issues in western NC and SC. Already had some mud/rock slides with the last system and it will just get worse. 

• Thanks 1