Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Southeast Sanitarium - A Place to Vent

Jonathan

1 hour ago, oconeexman said:

Kind if scary to see no real changes in the next 2 weeks. Putting us mid january to see a real pattern change on models. Then it's always delayed a week or so. That puts us end of january. By then days are long..sun angle..blag blah

Winter 2021 I guess?

Happens every year it seems. February FTW

21 minutes ago, WarmNose said:

February will be another excuse. On to 2021. Solar minimum is looking ripe! Brazilian yearlies just ran and your going to love the projections!

As long as Judah, JB, and Ventrice are saying cold and polar vortex splits, and sea ice expansion, the pattern is locked and loaded, they are never wrong! Slosh

• Weenie 1

1 hour ago, mackerel_sky said:

It’s coming! The end of next week! A good, dry cold! That’ll be good, we need to dry out and I don’t like snow anyway!

It'll moderate......to about 67° in Elkins, WV.  And that will be on the heels of 3 straight days of rain.  

Face it folks, we are now almost halfway into January with a LR forecast and no wholesale changes towards a more favorable pattern are in sight.  The winter battle will be fought over 8 weeks from mid Jan to mid March and given how far off-base most of the forecasts have been thus far, I dont think anyone knows what the heck might happen for those 8 weeks.  

• Like 1

The lack of any sustained cold in ANY model is much more concerning than lack of storms showing. No COLD = no CHANCE, even if a storm pops up. Just bleak right now. And it being north of 60 next few days aint helping my mood! I remember in the beginning December we were talking about "at least there's no torch showing." Well, no torch showing means it'll definitely torch. 67 in Elkins is INSANE. 60+ here, unfortunately, is becoming normal.... Hate to say it, but I'm about ready to stick a fork in this winter. February and March snows aren't all that good anyway. Sun angle really screws with them. Were in the prime climo and sun angle season right now and I BARELY see lows below freezing, lows!, for the next 10+ days... Buckle up, the sanitarium is going to be fun!

37 minutes ago, NorthHillsWx said:

The lack of any sustained cold in ANY model is much more concerning than lack of storms showing. No COLD = no CHANCE, even if a storm pops up. Just bleak right now. And it being north of 60 next few days aint helping my mood! I remember in the beginning December we were talking about "at least there's no torch showing." Well, no torch showing means it'll definitely torch. 67 in Elkins is INSANE. 60+ here, unfortunately, is becoming normal.... Hate to say it, but I'm about ready to stick a fork in this winter. February and March snows aren't all that good anyway. Sun angle really screws with them. Were in the prime climo and sun angle season right now and I BARELY see lows below freezing, lows!, for the next 10+ days... Buckle up, the sanitarium is going to be fun!

I just want something to track. Is that too much to ask? That's the fun part anyway.

1 hour ago, NorthHillsWx said:

That’s a lot of doom and gloom! How can you not like February snows!?? We’re due a Feb 73 redux!:stun:

5 hours ago, mackerel_sky said:

It’s coming! The end of next week! A good, dry cold! That’ll be good, we need to dry out and I don’t like snow anyway!

What "dry cold"? The forecast for late next week/weekend shows 60s/40s with showers. TWC shows a cool down starting on the 6th but its only down to low 50s/mid 30s; still above average. Now we are to the point where a cold front doesn't even get us to average. I guess some of us need to face the reality that being able to expect a small snowfall or two each year is a thing of the past.  Maybe once every other year or few years we can expect all the stars to align to get a couple of sloppy inches, but yearly snow may not be a reality anymore for many. GSP is the new CAE, which is the new CHS.