• Welcome to American Weather

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Jonathan

Southeast Sanitarium - A Place to Vent

3 hours ago, No snow for you said:

Glad to see Raleigh get some snow. I guess the snow hole has moved to GSP. 

GSP to CLT to CAE triangle really got the shaft this year. Just about everybody else got their average or way above (CHS, coastal areas, even gulf coast). CAE is really in a drought and I feel for those guys. By the time they get their next shot it will be going on 5 years since their last measurable snowfall. The upstate has really gotten the short end though last few years as well.

I truly am happy for the NC folks but this has been one of the most painful winters for snow ever in SC! On the edge of two big events squeezed out a couple inches each for the upstate but the only real snow in SC this year hit the coast. Everything else has been just above the state line and NC just keeps getting it, with even NEGA having done way better. Even though I expect the short end here in the upstate, this has been a hard one to take. Everything has overperformed... for everyone else.

Watching NC this winter makes me feel like I'm back in high school, watching all the other guys get all the dates... :(

19 minutes ago, No snow for you said:

The South Carolina snow shield has been engaged. Winter is over for us. Can’t wait until next years craptastic winter. 

No snow for you signing off for a while. 

We'll do it all over again next year.  Been fun!

Anyone ever hear from Packbacker?

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Cold Rain said:

What I can't wait for is December to come around again and the NAO to be nailed positive for three straight months, only for it to go negative in March. 

• Sad 1

17 hours ago, Cold Rain said:

Sure haven't. If anybody has any info it would be nice to know he's at least ok.  

• Like 2

Chattanooga booked our third straight pitifully awful winter in a row. I know we live in the South, but this is ludicrous.

Will give it a D, avoiding F only due to a trace. Like storm chasing it's all local though. Other parts of the South got B to A+ (Griteater recap). Congrats there!