Total Members
    Most Online
    Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
Southeast Sanitarium - A Place to Vent

Jonathan

13 minutes ago, Queencitywx said:

As usual, the people who cry bust for hours and hours and hours end up cleaning up.

Charlotte and Raleigh should start a donation collection.

Maybe if everyone in nearby counties filled their truck beds with snow and shoveled it out on all of our lawns, we would feel like we got a snowfall or two.

Congrats to those of you that didn't have a thing forecast and ended up with half a foot. My snow shield almost prevented me from getting anything but I still ended up with 1/4" which didn't even cover everything. Going on my 4th winter now with less than an inch for the whole winter. Unbelievable. Snows North, South, East, and West of me and I'm beginning to wonder if it can actually snow here more than a dusting anymore. One more thing. I'm glad that those of you that whined all day about busting got your almost foot of snow. Please carry that crap to the banter thread next time.

• Like 1

An amazing low pressure system. Just one section of its left "arm" stretches across half the east coast of the US. Interior sections did not do well with accumulations. And I suppose we should discuss the "Snow Hole" phenomena. It is certainly something more than just the urban heat island effect. Maybe something geographical? Strange.

11 hours ago, Cold Rain said:

Where is Pack?  How much did he get, I wonder?

I got 1.5", most in 3 winters.  Nice event...now bring on spring.

That snowhole was tough...we could have been 3-4" if that band had shifted a little NE earlier.  Missed 5" by 20 miles I think.

18 minutes ago, packbacker said:

I got 1.5", most in 3 winters.  Nice event...now bring on spring.

That snowhole was tough...we could have been 3-4" if that band had shifted a little NE earlier.  Missed 5" by 20 miles I think.

Nice.  That line dried up as it moved into my area.  1.5” must be nice.

this storm was fun to watch and right now the water vapor loops show the basic path of it from canada through the SE and now booking up the east coast./.....that same loop also shows some energy moving se and some upper air feature about to move into texas south of el paso, that could be interacting soon?

Gotta be honest, this Monday ice potential for the piedmont feels like Mother Nature is just rubbing it in and is more frustrating than exciting. I suppose seeing a glaze of ice is better than nothing if you like winter weather (which I do) but it's just ridiculous to have all this cold and can't get a drop (while everyone to our south and east gets plastered) then the cold high tails it out AS the first freakin drops start to fall. "Oh, here's a token ice glaze that will amount to nothing and melt in ten minutes, but see, you got you winter storm (while Charleston is still digging out of historic snow)" Gee, thanks Mother Nature, nobody wants your messy ice when it would have been snow any day this week! Except I do because I like winter weather, but I don't because it's nickel and dime and I want SNOW!

I'm sick, I need some help; anybody?

Gotta be honest, this Monday ice potential for the piedmont feels like Mother Nature is just rubbing it in and is more frustrating than exciting. I suppose seeing a glaze of ice is better than nothing if you like winter weather (which I do) but it's just ridiculous to have all this cold and can't get a drop (while everyone to our south and east gets plastered) then the cold high tails it out AS the first freakin drops start to fall. "Oh, here's a token ice glaze that will amount to nothing and melt in ten minutes, but see, you got you winter storm (while Charleston is still digging out of historic snow)" Gee, thanks Mother Nature, nobody wants your messy ice when it would have been snow any day this week! Except I do because I like winter weather, but I don't because it's nickel and dime and I want SNOW!
Don't forget to your north and west...

10 minutes ago, tramadoc said:
13 hours ago, Iceagewhereartthou said:

Don't forget to your north and west...

If I get 1/8 th inch of ZR/IP, I think that'll tie me with Cold Rains and Bricks snowfall for the year! :)

1/2", and I'm winning! 

The snow here for me was average. Picked upwards of 4-5 inches but this cold stretch has been impressive. We have not been above freezing but for just a couple hours on wednesday before the snow. Almost all the ponds are frozen and we don't look to go above freezing till monday with lows projected at mid single digits the next 2 nights.

• Like 1