Newest Member
    joxey
Oct 27th to 29th vigorous Vort max Sn/Rn/wind

Ginx snewx

• Replies 686
  • Created
  • Last Reply
51 minutes ago, wxeyeNH said:

It's 40.0/32F right now up here.   I can see virga to my SW.  Will be interesting to see what happens.  With this mornings sun we warmed up quite a bit.  Probably will drop down to 35F with wet snow for awhile.   Congrats Cn guys

Started as snow this am in north jersey by me with a temp of 39.  Changed to sleet rather quickly but sleet hung around for almost 1:30 hrs .  

15 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Kind of funny to see the CT valley colder than the ORH hills and NE CT hills right now...all about the lift. You need the latent cooling from the melting snowflakes to cool that column right down. So if you are only spitting light precip on the northeast side of the precip shield, you aren't getting that good solid latent cooling through the lower 2000 feet. Great example of dynamics at play.

However, those areas should have a chance at some snow bursts because the 925mb temps are still around -1C....models had tried to warm them to about +2C by this point (this morning's models were a little more reasonable, but still too warm). Berkshires may get about 2 hours of legit heavy snow here soon.

It's not often you see that.  As you said, it's a good example/lesson in lift.

A nice coating now back at home.

The BOX statement says 1-3" for GC.  P/c shows 2".  I'll take any jump-start I can get after the last few years of sh*t totals

6 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Everything but roads coverd here now.  Coming down pretty good. 

33.5/32. Down from high of 37 earlier. 

Wow--you got that warm?  I got to 32.2 at 1:45; ticked down a couple tenths since.

Archived