Newest Member
    Toothache
Oct 27th to 29th vigorous Vort max Sn/Rn/wind

Ginx snewx

• Replies 686
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

It's actually still SW of HFD by a little....so not THAT close to you.

Windham county was pretty funny...they were all like 37-38F about 90 minutes ago but now the entire county is like 34F once the really good precip finally got going. This event is really showing that the good lift is where to be.

Congrats JC in columbia

current (1).jpg

1 minute ago, Typhoon Tip said:

i think what's happening here is that the snow is over-producing cool/bust and all that jazz (by a some...) wrt amount it is snowing, but the models are prooobably going to be pretty darn good about 'where' snows... 

Yeah the question was mostly how far east of the Berkshires it snows...models had basically zero snow east of the Berks. That will end up wrong, but for a lot of people...esp east of ORH, it was never really in play. Even for ORH itself, the lift has been taking a long time to get in, so the snow may not last that long. But for areas just west, it's def been a model bust. They were way too fast in eroding the BL out...it's still obviously below freezing in that 900-950mb layer when it was supposed to be well gone by now.

12 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

S+

We inch

32.1/31

307A87BE-D58A-4D3F-9419-2BE8F216B3C2_zps

Congrats on the first inch!

Is that on the grass or a board?

I'm going to be heading home shortly but it looks like a few tenths back at my place.  Still measurable.  I thought it was possible but definitely an over performer from what I thought if you can call it that.

1 minute ago, Damage In Tolland said:

The 6Z GFS actually nailed this

I'm looking at it now...it looks like it was still way too warm. It didn't have much snow at all for you. It had basically nothing east of Litchfield hills and Berks.

Archived