Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Oct 27th to 29th vigorous Vort max Sn/Rn/wind

Ginx snewx

2 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

I just flipped to sleet but hit 2.7"!

Congrats--thanks for the updates during the day.

As a recap--it was about 50* when I pulled out of my garage in Boston.  Rain until I had a few flakes mixed in at the DD just east of Gardner.  Flipped to snow in Gardner  (35*)with Rt 2 getting bad around Templeton/Philipston.  THat was short-lived and the road was fine again until Greenfield.  Then it just got really bad from there on out.

• Replies 686
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

October surprise.

Octsnow2.JPG

Great shot, Chris!!

To your comment about me not posting/power, I hadn't posted because it took me forever to get out of the city (3:20 door/door).  But, there was at least flickering as all the clocks are flashing.

It took my wife 2 hours to get home from Amherst today.

59 minutes ago, w1pf said:

NWS forecast didn't work out so well here.. not a good start to the season in the public's eyes.. :(

Not good when the forecast says it'll be rain by noon, and it is still snowing at 6pm ..

....and up here in Central NH at a high elevation everything pointed to a front end thumping and basically we just got rain from the begining with some mangled flakes mixed in.  Bust on the opposite end....

Sweet wax um up,skin the beast 

I'm sure that tomorrow it'll be junk.

They've done agreat job with their bike park, but on Facebook they were poo-pooing the snow because they were closing tomorrow for the bike trails to melt out.

Part of me wanted to leave a comment on there that they should be embracing the snow and actually blowing it.

Weak sauce.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

7 minutes ago, moneypitmike said:

Great shot, Chris!!

To your comment about me not posting/power, I hadn't posted because it took me forever to get out of the city (3:20 door/door).  But, there was at least flickering as all the clocks are flashing.

It took my wife 2 hours to get home from Amherst today.

Oh' yeah, heard traveling around the valley was nightmare this afternoon. I would have been out there but had to do unexpected kid duty so it worked out well. 

I assume I'll be texting you updates all winter on weekdays?  Lol. 

2 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Oh' yeah, heard traveling around the valley was nightmare this afternoon. I would have been out there but had to do unexpected kid duty so it worked out well. 

I assume I'll be texting you updates all winter on weekdays?  Lol. 

Very likely!  I suspect I'll be having a few 'work from home' and early departure days.

Good event for the western folks that have gotten screwed the past couple winters. Nice instant redemption this season.

Was a little bummed to not come back from Boston to more snow...but it was literally a matter of a couple hours. That good lift really took it's time heading eastward. Great example of dynamics at play today.

Archived