Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Oct 27th to 29th vigorous Vort max Sn/Rn/wind

Ginx snewx

Just now, dryslot said:

Never had been a problem for most folks here and that dates back 50+ years

Oh not saying you haven't been super dry just saying that risk is high for shallow wells but it has happenned like 1965. Pretty much every newer house since then is artesian, for good reason.

• Replies 686
  • Created
  • Last Reply
24 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

The hi res models really nail extreme ern MA, especially Cape Anne and Cape Cod with a nrly low level jet. It goes from 29015kts to 36035G45kts out of nowhere. Isle of Shoals will be interesting.

I mean you can see it conceptually. Slosh that cold air back down the coast and you get pretty efficient mixing over the relatively warmer water.

We just do NE winds so well. The HRRR really rips some 50 kt gusts down along the coastal waters, and even across Cape Cod, MA.

20 minutes ago, OceanStWx said:

I mean you can see it conceptually. Slosh that cold air back down the coast and you get pretty efficient mixing over the relatively warmer water.

We just do NE winds so well. The HRRR really rips some 50 kt gusts down along the coastal waters, and even across Cape Cod, MA.

Yeah....caught my eye earlier. Might even clip BOS with some 35kt gusts. 

49 minutes ago, dryslot said:

Lot of people with dug wells up here went dry just in the last month, And most said that they had never had that happen, I know one of the local well drillers here, And he said if you called them today, They could get to you by January

what would one do with no water for 3 months, aside from moving into a local motel? i can't imagine.

16 minutes ago, SJonesWX said:

what would one do with no water for 3 months, aside from moving into a local motel? i can't imagine.

You have a few options, There are local company's that can come fill your well, Which i would not do as it would just seep into the ground i would think, Or you can get some storage tanks, And that seems what most have done that i have seen and truck your water in, That's about it outside of going to live with a relative until you can get it resolved, I have seen a bunch of folks with these, In the back of there pickups

Image result for splash here comes the water maine

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/564x/44/20/56/442056b3bad5d614c86519c4ac0d2d4d.jpg

3 hours ago, moneypitmike said:

As we've said....droughts in New England are no big deal.  Lawns suffer a bit, but there's really never any long-term issues.

You must be too young to remember 1962-66.

Kind of a bust there...I was expecting Rangeley to do well. They have some legit elevation too.

Especially since Rangeley Lake is about 650' higher than the CV airstrip.

Nuthin' but cold rain at my place - more the usual for mid-autumn coastals.  We'll take the rain, however, so our dug well is ready for the family invasion this coming week.

Archived