Newest Member
    SnowHabit
PTC Matthew

PaEasternWX

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, ldub23 said:

Lots  of times convection looks  great but unless an eye clears  out i dont expect  much. this  could alot  like  1979 david for  FLA. nuisance, but  not  disaster.

Go ahead and explain your prognostication on why you believe we won't have a category 3 or higher hurricane at some point during the next 36 hours. Are you just wishcasting? Nearly every tropical meteorologist in this thread forecasts intensification - steady or rapid. I'd like to know why your reasoning is valid over theirs. 

3 minutes ago, csnavywx said:

Yeah, it might take a couple of hours, but we're getting there. New vigorous convective burst in the northern semi-circle certainly isn't going to hurt.

No patience in most of this thread. :P

Yea, this is fun to watch. Reminiscent of the early 2000's. Nope, unless it happens in 1 hour it's not going to happen lol...:hurrbear:

33 minutes ago, David Reimer said:

They might drop it down to 115 MPH, but I doubt they'll go below that for a few hours of lag in the wind about 30 hours before a major US landfall.

30 minutes ago, HKY_WX said:

Eyewall appears to have closed off on the latest radar frames. Obviously can't confirm w/o new RECON info. That said, i think we'll start to see the pressure drop now.

26 minutes ago, csnavywx said:

Yeah, it might take a couple of hours, but we're getting there. New vigorous convective burst in the northern semi-circle certainly isn't going to hurt.

No patience in most of this thread. :P

All of the above. 

A little unsure why some are downplaying this.  We are many hours away from landfall with decent intensification likely. 

The amount of people freaking out about how this is weakening or isn't going to intensify or FL is going to get off easy isn't absolutely insane. As someone who doesn't post much and comes on this forum to read useful information about a storm that to me seems like it's definitely at least slowly reoganizing, is really quite annoying. Seems like all that stuff should be in the banter thread not the thread people like me come on to read useful information about the storm. 

1 minute ago, WesterlyWx said:

The amount of people freaking out about how this is weakening or isn't going to intensify or FL is going to get off easy isn't absolutely insane. As someone who doesn't post much and comes on this forum to read useful information about a storm that to me seems like it's definitely at least slowly reoganizing, is really quite annoying. Seems like all that stuff should be in the banter thread not the thread people like me come on to read useful information about the storm. 

I sent the mods a message this afternoon and asked that they delete 50% of the posts as they happen.  I wish only Mets or people with real tropical weather experience could post right now.  Getting so many posts from people who do not know what they are talking about and its really mucking up this thread.  Just my opinion.  If you don't have a real basis to backup what your posting, don't post.

1 minute ago, wxeyeNH said:

I sent the mods a message this afternoon and asked that they delete 50% of the posts as they happen.  I wish only Mets or people with real tropical weather experience could post right now.  Getting so many posts from people who do not know what they are talking about and its really mucking up this thread.  Just my opinion.  If you don't have a real basis to backup what your posting, don't post.

$25 an hour and ill delete posts as they happen.

Now back to the storm.

4 minutes ago, Jaguars said:

As a sidebar to the intensification debate does that current motion look a decent amount more North than West or just another wobble?

We've been seeing a lot of wobbles over the last few hours because of the new convection popping up around the eyewall. Overall it looks like we're just 'shaking back and forth' right now with those new updrafts.

Definitely an eye on IR now. Will probably be several hours before it clears out. That said, no doubt we've got a decent eyewall formed per sat/radar. May not be completely closed off, but there's some definite intensification going on. Shouldn't be long until the RECON obs bear that out.

• wxmx unpinned this topic

Archived