Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Fall+Banter

Ginx snewx

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay guys.  What is causing this unusual cloud pattern over Canada?   At first I thought perhaps snow on the ground from this first cool shot.  Nope, because when I animate it, it moves.  Then I thought stable air down wind from Hudson's Bay but when its animated the flow up towards the bay is not NW.  Any ideas.

Untitled.jpg

15 minutes ago, dendrite said:

What exactly are you referring to Gene? I don't see anything unusual when viewing vis loops.

Brian,  That NW to SE 700 mile long cloud free zone coming down from Hudson Bay.  It almost looks like an area of stable air downwind of the bay without Cu. This zone is huge.  I think it is all just coincidence that there is a long cloud free area with fairly sharp cloud lines to the east and west.  Just looked odd to see such a large cloud free feature.

4 minutes ago, wxeyeNH said:

Brian,  That NW to SE 700 mile long cloud free zone coming down from Hudson Bay.  It almost looks like an area of stable air downwind of the bay without Cu. This zone is huge.  I think it is all just coincidence that there is a long cloud free area with fairly sharp cloud lines to the east and west.  Just looked odd to see such a large cloud free feature.

That area is under a ridge. ULL/storm to the west and cold pool to the east associated with the trof delivering some daytime Cu.

12 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

notice the ice fog

Freezing fog...not ice fog. But yeah.

He had 37F for a min on his official COOP equipment and 28F in his exposed valley max/min thermo. I'd say his "valley" temp is probably closer to 34F at 2m and it was cold enough at the skin level for frost.

Archived