Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Fall+Banter

Ginx snewx

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, CoastalWx said:

What a day. This is what Fall is all about.

Glad you guys are getting a taste down there...it was getting lonely being the only one not seeing days and days of 80s.

Dews are near freezing now, can't wait for those to slip below the freezing mark...1C for the dew at the ASOS.  Haven't seen that in months and months.

METAR KMVL 241615Z AUTO 34009KT 10SM CLR 14/01 A3018

14 hours ago, Ginx snewx said:

Pretty good hires product to find the weenie cold spots. Every office should use this on rad cooling nights to find the coldest spot in each state and throw a wx station in there.

2 hours ago, powderfreak said:

Glad you guys are getting a taste down there...it was getting lonely being the only one not seeing days and days of 80s.

Dews are near freezing now, can't wait for those to slip below the freezing mark...1C for the dew at the ASOS.  Haven't seen that in months and months.

METAR KMVL 241615Z AUTO 34009KT 10SM CLR 14/01 A3018

Freeze warning back home. Since my garden was already killed by the frost last week, let's kill some bugs!

6 hours ago, moneypitmike said:

59.9* at 2:40.  With 30's forecasted for tonight, I might need to light the stove.  I'm guessing that's right about 'on-schedule'.

Downtown Greenfield was 64F at 3pm w/ a breeze, 62 at mi casa, perfect.  Pretty close to seasonal, just feels cool compared to the +10 departures we've been having.

5 hours ago, moneypitmike said:

The dearth of bugs is such a bonus to the cool seasons.

Down to 57* at the Pit.

Once the wasps are gone I can put the epi-pen away for the year. 

2 hours ago, BrianW said:

Any fellow wood burners going to light the first fire of the season tonight? Still a bit early down this way but am going to do an outdoor fire in sprit for those up north.

Did a little outdoor burn at friends house tonight to keep the patio warm for an outdoor dinner.  I'd like to fire up the woodstove for a few hours tomorrow night to chase the cobwebs out of the flue but we'll see.

Was behind in the wood game this season because of finances and lack of time to cut my own but called around today and the prices are great in W MA right now.  Lots of seasoned wood available for cheap if you buy multiple (3+) cords. 

Archived