Total Members
    Most Online
    12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Fall+Banter

Ginx snewx

1 hour ago, Typhoon Tip said:

front slipped S of Rt 2 about 1.5 hours ago and N. Mass has been cooling precipitously since.  

interesting to see CON, NH barely 60! 

72 here; was 84 2 hours ago. 

still in the upper 70s/low 80s toward the Pike and beyond. 

this is one of those interesting boundaries that only weakly shows up on a standard interval barographic layout, but has an intense thermal inversion/llv warmth cancelation.  would it be imprudent to imagine?   ...this in the winter would have been 62/57, wind flip N, plummet to 33 with pellets kicking in type of wedge.   then the high takes over and clears it out.  bone cold the next day followed by the high moving off and western cutter f'ing it all up, of course but what can you do -

love this stuff, man

Didn't realize 80s gt that far north...only hit 67F here and that was this morning. I guess it's that time of the year where we see more latitudinal thermal gradients.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
41 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Didn't realize 80s gt that far north...only hit 67F here and that was this morning. I guess it's that time of the year where we see more latitudinal thermal gradients.

Meanwhile up here we had a midnight high of 63F and a midday low of 53F.

Currently 51F and dropping into the 30s at the summits.

Regarding the latitudinal thermal gradients...I feel like we've seen those all summer long.  There's been a lot of times its felt and seemed like a different world up here than what the bulk of posters are reporting.  Like a high of 77F while most are discussing 87-93F type days.  I feel like its been more pronounced this summer than recent years.  Other summers have the over-the-top heat though where its just as warm way up north as it is in SNE. 

2 hours ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

Trying to go without the AC but it's 77F upstairs with the windows open.  66F out.

Just got back from the Big E. 57 on the car thermo but 72 in the house upstairs windows open . The Ginxter's bionaire window fan should take care of that in short order.

1 hour ago, moneypitmike said:

I think we only wound up with .1" here, but as Chris said, we haven't been too bad that last month or two.

It's great to see the frost advisory in effect and the progged low of lower 30's for tomorrow night (not that I expect that mi casa).

46*

Could easily see a 34-35 put up at CEF. They're always a likely suspect on calm nights.

Archived