joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
September 2016 General Discussion

• Replies 376
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, weatherbo said:

Beautiful place!  Same great day had up here. 

Spent the day fishing... had a heck of a fight with one but it "got away".
Even mild today, Fall was in the air.

IMG_0381.JPG

Nice, that's one regret I have had this nice hot summer not getting on the lake very much. We have been camping a lot but just never made it to the lakes especial to fish. Bought a license haven't even used it once this year. 

48 minutes ago, hawkeye_wx said:

At 83/62, it's feeling pretty warm again, especially between wind gusts.  The last couple days have overperformed.

No kidding, during the last two 'cool' days in Madison, Saturday was exactly at average for the date and Sunday was only -1.  It will be quite a shock when we get our first day with highs in the 50s or first night with lows in the 30s.

16 hours ago, IWXwx said:

Typical September zzzzzzzzzzzzz's.

We used to get major hurricanes to entertain while we waited for the northern jet to re-activate but not lately. For all the memorable events over the eastern 2/3rds of the CONUS in recent years, we've endured several bored-to-tears stretches as well. 

Classic September day today. Some of the best weather of the year folks get out and enjoy it. Boring as hell though. Another great reason to step back from the models for a bit and relax before winter storm tracking time (it's on the tips of our fingers).

68/46 feels cool after summer stuck around a bit longer. Glad the moisture had finally receded. 

Low of 43 tonight but it the past few nights are any indication we'll radiate lower than that if the winds can die. Just a light breeze currently. 

4 hours ago, harrisale said:

Classic September day today. Some of the best weather of the year folks get out and enjoy it. Boring as hell though. Another great reason to step back from the models for a bit and relax before winter storm tracking time (it's on the tips of our fingers).

68/46 feels cool after summer stuck around a bit longer. Glad the moisture had finally receded. 

Low of 43 tonight but it the past few nights are any indication we'll radiate lower than that if the winds can die. Just a light breeze currently. 

Yeah who can't wait for "One GFS run showed it at 384 hours , October blizzard Inbound" posts on Twitter.

Since we can't get anything like this...

ike.jpg

I guess I'll settle for this....

Sunday
Mostly sunny, with a high near 77.
Sunday Night
Mostly clear, with a low around 55.
Monday
Sunny, with a high near 80.
Monday Night
Partly cloudy, with a low around 60.
Tuesday
Mostly sunny, with a high near 79.
Tuesday Night
Mostly clear, with a low around 57.
Wednesday
Wednesday Night
Partly cloudy, with a low around 58.
Thursday

(BTW, Ike eight years ago yesterday)

1 hour ago, IWXwx said:

ike.jpg

Sunday
Sunday Night
Monday
Monday Night
Tuesday
Tuesday Night
Wednesday
Wednesday Night
Thursday

For the love of god don't remind me.

A very very much un-wanted/un-needed 1.00"+ of rain thus far here again this overnight/morning. Probably make a run at 2.00"+ as a skinny line of heavy rain has developed over IKK and is slowly crawling east. Sub-pump has been working OT since the last heavy rainfall event a week ago. I've had 12" and change of total rainfall since August 15. No [expletive] mas. So tired of it. :fulltilt::weep::(

2 hours ago, Chicago WX said:

A very very much un-wanted/un-needed 1.00"+ of rain thus far here again this overnight/morning. Probably make a run at 2.00"+ as a skinny line of heavy rain has developed over IKK and is slowly crawling east. Sub-pump has been working OT since the last heavy rainfall event a week ago. I've had 12" and change of total rainfall since August 15. No [expletive] mas. So tired of it. :fulltilt::weep::(

It looks like the upcoming week will help you dry out. Beautiful weather incoming.

I take it that you are living in a house since the move with the sump pump comment. I love home ownership, but there's no maintenance worries with apartment living.

11 hours ago, weatherbo said:

1.2" of unexpected heavy rain today.  leaves are in rapid change at this point.  Peak in as early as a week it looks like.
certainly has been a warm met fall to this point and Superior is running warm.  A damp fall along the shore for sure.

How is the color change compared to average date wise up there? I ask because despite the overall above normal temps here the trees are starting to change, so at this early stage I'd have to assume an average-ish peak.

1 hour ago, michsnowfreak said:

How is the color change compared to average date wise up there? I ask because despite the overall above normal temps here the trees are starting to change, so at this early stage I'd have to assume an average-ish peak.

The leaves definitely have more color than they did at this time last year and it's not like it's been cool at all. 

On 9/15/2016 at 9:27 PM, IWXwx said:

ike.jpg

Sunday
Sunday Night
Monday
Monday Night
Tuesday
Tuesday Night
Wednesday
Wednesday Night
Thursday

As far as your image, if it comes up from the Gulf (I'm enjoying the low gas prices) or just brings cold stratiform rains, I'll pass.

That extended forecast though is just awesome.

3 hours ago, IWXwx said:

It looks like the upcoming week will help you dry out. Beautiful weather incoming.

I take it that you are living in a house since the move with the sump pump comment. I love home ownership, but there's no maintenance worries with apartment living.

Yep. I've figured out natural "disasters" aren't very fun, lol. But yeah, hopefully a less active regime appears soon. I know that's not what most here want, but I'm going to be a little selfish for the time being. Of course, the trade off is more heat/humidity this upcoming week. I'm done with that [expletive] too. :D

4 hours ago, michsnowfreak said:

About a week delayed. The reason given was ideal growing conditions, abundant rain, and late green out. Trees are very healthy this fall.

8 minutes ago, snowlover2 said:

Could be a pretty good cool down coming toward the end of the month.

Early season model projections always overdo cooldowns. Just like this weekend was originally supposed to be around 60 for highs. Only about 10-15 degrees off of that projection.

7 hours ago, Chicago WX said:

Yep. I've figured out natural "disasters" aren't very fun, lol. But yeah, hopefully a less active regime appears soon. I know that's not what most here want, but I'm going to be a little selfish for the time being. Of course, the trade off is more heat/humidity this upcoming week. I'm done with that [expletive] too. :D

I could see you living in San Diego one day.  Other than lack of snow, what's not to like? :lol:

Archived