• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
September 2016 General Discussion

Yesterday's heat felt amazing, there is something exquisite about September and beyond heat. I wish I could just sit on a hilltop and soak it all in for hours. I didn't feel oppressed by the heat despite the humidex being wickedly high for back to school. In Windsor ON tomorrow its going to feel like 44C...just wow.

I couldn't be happier about this week's weather with a mood setter mid-week and severe weather possible later on. Hope the junk for next week is incorrect.

• Replies 376
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fwiw, the record high min for Chicago for Sep 7 is 78.  Last night's low was 75 and I think it stays warmer than that tonight, but it'll probably be tough to set a record.  There may be a shot to tie (less than 50/50) but we'll see.  Even then, would have to make it through the rest of the 7th without a convective spoiler.

Fwiw, the record high min for Chicago for Sep 7 is 78.  Last night's low was 75 and I think it stays warmer than that tonight, but it'll probably be tough to set a record.  There may be a shot to tie (less than 50/50) but we'll see.  Even then, would have to make it through the rest of the 7th without a convective spoiler.

73 here, barring convection, should be a slamdunk destroyed here.

73 here, barring convection, should be a slamdunk destroyed here.

One thing that's been the theme for this Summer is initial morning lows circumvented by the late evening temp drops. 

It would be nice if that doesn't happen this time, but the latest model ruls are a bit more bullish with the coverage of convection. 

This morning's low at ORD was 77.  Not quite a daily record...but it's the 3rd warmest low temp so late in the season (assuming it doesn't drop below 77 prior to midnight):

9/7/1922:  78

9/10/2013:  77

9/7/2016:  77

North central and NE IL now placed under slight risk of svr this evening.  Helicity is 300-350 from surface to 3km.  Some outflow boundaries around.  The IN tors happened under a marginal to slight risk on Aug. 24.  I do think heavy flooding rain is the main threat but there may be some surprises.  Weather has been unusual for climo recently.

Made it to 90 earlier this afternoon before the clouds and storms rolled in.  Picked up 0.34" so far.  Raining pretty good right now.

Had some real low hanging rain-free bases on the southern end of a few cells that went by.  Could see some slow rotation in the updrafts as well.  Don't think we were too far away from seeing a little tor setup over the area earlier this afternoon.

15 minutes ago, Powerball said:

The mid/late afternoon t'storms knocked us down to 73*F.

So at best, we can only tie that record.

Yeah I was just going to post that, I don't see anything getting here before 1am so we should be good for a tie. Temps have rose since then sitting at 79 right now.

Archived