joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Moderate Snow Potential 4/4

ORH_wxman

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can't stick around the office for a few hours? it's going to be a cluster**** out there.

Anyone know how bad the T is right now? Website says all is fine but I have my doubts.

SN guessing somewhere between 3.5 and 4". Will measure when I get back home around 6, curious if there's a difference between here and home since we were right on the line for a while this morning.

Where in Roxbury do you work?

just about over ... back edge rocketing E across the state - may linger a bit longer S...but along and N of the Pike it should be wrapping up over the next hour. Springfield and Orange or done and the back edge is really moving fast. 

mmm, the cloud/ceilings were too deep and dense even for this date.  

that was a hugely important stipulations when this issue of April day-glow saving the roadways was in discussion, that the sky could not be of the "bright snowing" variety.

this day was NOT that.  it was dark under this canopy.  not a shocker that it stuck; DEFINITELY a shocker that we are in this mess to begin with, but that's more an homage to the anomaly at large and a different topic altogether. 

mmm, the cloud/ceilings were too deep and dense even for this date.  

that was a hugely important stipulations when this issue of April day-glow saving the roadways was in discussion, that the sky could not be of the "bright snowing" variety.

this day was NOT that.  it was dark under this canopy.  not a shocker that it stuck; DEFINITELY a shocker that we are in this mess to begin with, but that's more an homage to the anomaly at large and a different topic altogether. 

Yeah I was thinking about that today...how the sky never seemed to have that bright look that often happens in late season events. We must have had a very thick cloud deck with low ceilings most of the day.

I think we'll see some late highs once this pulls out and drier air works in. Up to 24F now with flurries. 

i was just wondering that ... if we might recover for a while this evening while it's cloudy.

if it clears late ... heh, ouch.  but before that.  

After alternating between snow and sleet for much of the day, flipped to moderate snow at 4PM.  Heavy snow at the moment.  Haven't measured in a while, but had 1.5 inches in the morning and probably another inch or so since then.  May pick up another inch before ending.

28F.

Archived