joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Moderate Snow Potential 4/4

ORH_wxman

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Roads are snowpacked in Boston mid-afternoon on April 4th...not gonna see that very often.

Pretty nice band rolling through right now.

As a side note, ORH has fallen back to 21F...their high so far today is 22F. That would break the record low max for the date by 9F. It is 1 degree warmer than the all time monthly record low max set on April 7, 1982. The 3rd coldest max in April is 26F.

I checked 4/5/1995, when the afternoon high was in the teens in central Maine with wind gusts to 50, but ORH data seems missing for May-June that year.  Might have been spoiled by cheap 12:01 AM high, anyway.  Farmington had 7 AM obs at that time so missed the spoiler, and recorded a high of 16, their coldest max ever in April and only the 18 on 4/8/1982 (another 7 AM obs) is close.

What was the December event that crippled the area? Might be something like that but not as bad.

12/13/07...this won't be as bad as that because the rates in that were much heavier and it was even colder than this for much of the storm...not to mention it started around 11am or noontime...so it was the worst possible timing. We were getting like 1" per hour baking powder in that storm.

But yeah, this commute is definitely gonna be hideous. No doubt about it.

I checked 4/5/1995, when the afternoon high was in the teens in central Maine with wind gusts to 50, but ORH data seems missing for May-June that year.  Might have been spoiled by cheap 12:01 AM high, anyway.  Farmington had 7 AM obs at that time so missed the spoiler, and recorded a high of 16, their coldest max ever in April and only the 18 on 4/8/1982 (another 7 AM obs) is close.

ORH had a high of 26F on 4/5/95...that was the 3rd coldest max assuming today beats it.

Ugh. Time to head home. See ya Wednesday..lol.

Can't stick around the office for a few hours? it's going to be a cluster**** out there.

Anyone know how bad the T is right now? Website says all is fine but I have my doubts.

SN guessing somewhere between 3.5 and 4". Will measure when I get back home around 6, curious if there's a difference between here and home since we were right on the line for a while this morning.

Archived