• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Moderate Snow Potential 4/4

ORH_wxman

Steady snowfall here since lunchtime. Hard to tell how much since I'm downtown and everything is concrete that's constantly being beaten down by cars/people, but even on the streets, tendancy is for it to pile up. Maybe my favorite storm of the year!

This reminds me of 12/13/2007 for some reason.

Exactly what I thought driving home seeing cars off the road and struggling but then we flipped to huge aggregates

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is one of my favorite storms of the "winter." I'd argue one of my favorite days of the winter - April 4th, no sign of the overrated April sun angle, snowing to beat the band and roads covered. This is one we'll remember.

Well the April sun angle isn't overrated though lol. It's a late August angle. What was underestimated was the factors of the cold yesterday and last night and the highs were underestimated by many today

The plow actually came down the street outside here in BOS...I see snowbanks now along the curb and a fresh layer of snow down where the plow went through.

Very dry snow, baking powder style like the 07' storm you referenced. Snow caked to everything because of the earlier wet snow, some freezing drizzle with the sleet and rimed flakes so slick in spots.

Well the April sun angle isn't overrated though lol. It's a late August angle. What was overestimated was the factors of the cold yesterday and last night and the highs were underestimated by many today

We've managed to keep more moderate to heavy snow obs today than I would have thought...we had that lull...but otherwise the visibilities have consistently been below 1 mile aside from that lull.

There's no doubt that the really cold temps helped out during that lull.

Roads are snowpacked in Boston mid-afternoon on April 4th...not gonna see that very often.

Pretty nice band rolling through right now.

As a side note, ORH has fallen back to 21F...their high so far today is 22F. That would break the record low max for the date by 9F. It is 1 degree warmer than the all time monthly record low max set on April 7, 1982. The 3rd coldest max in April is 26F.

25 so far at PWM, coldest for the date by 6, 3rd coldest for the month (4/5/95 24, and 4/7/82 23). 

Archived