Newest Member
    joxey
Moderate Snow Potential 4/4

ORH_wxman

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

30.9/28 - Light Freezing Rain.

Occasionally mixed with Sleet - and during heavier bouts - heavy wet snow.

Glaze on tree's and decks but nothing on walkways and roads.

Pines are starting to droop.

Lighter glaze but still below freezing with freezing rain right on the beaches.

Not that it matters but WSW should have been issued. Easily gonna hit criteria in many areas. This is a midwinter storm here, wow.

I have to say, the RH/omega plots I threw up here yesterday really worked out well. Pretty well pegged the heavy, heavy around this bright band.

OK....I only know of one other year that had snow in April with temps in the 20s (and that was upper 20s.  So in your records, when was the last time we had temperatures in the low-mid 20s and snow in April?

I wasn't keeping records until winter 84-85 when I was 11 years old, 84-85 to 03-04 Bristol Ct, 04-05 to current year Springfield Ma

April 7 2003 had some light snow fall starting temp 35 ending temp 28 Bristol 1.5 inches, best of it was down towards NY southern ct and LI....that is the only event in my record keeping that had temps fall into the upper 20's while a few flakes were still in the air

Ten inches of blue snow in the April 96 storm fell with temperatures where i was no lower than 31 degrees

I do remember the April 82 storm being deep snow and very cold but at 9 years old was too young to really be tracking things

No other storm other than 03 and today had temps in the 20s in my years of record keeping for either of the sites I kept records for

In the April 97 event bottomed out at 30-31 f before the snow stopped

you to me to TAN is gonna jack. I'm gonna guess 8" here before it ends. We only had about 20 minutes of pingers all day here and then back to +SN.

Yeah I was thinking around Lakeville, Middleboro, maybe northern Plymouth. someone gets 9, assuming there is actually snow under the northern part of those crazy high echoes. 

Archived