joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Moderate Snow Potential 4/4

ORH_wxman

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dryslot is doing it the right way...just avoid the forum now as NNE doesn't get snow anymore.

Me, I'm a glutton for punishment so I like watching everyone else get snow haha.

Pretty soon you guys will be telling myself, Jeff, Debrite, etc that we have to move (like codfish) to see snow in the winter :lol:.

I will shat my pants if I finish with more than you. Currently .20 behind. WTH

today was better than i thought, the thick cloud cover and off and on snow that stuck on all surfaces was impressive

we did better than i thought, 3.8 inches

a few 5-25 minute periods of mod to heavy snow

afternoon temps mid 20's, could've been any day in january

still jelly of the usual snow belts but overall a win in a winter of woe

today was better than i thought, the thick cloud cover and off and on snow that stuck on all surfaces was impressive

You had more than me but I don't care.  I don't compare my readings with other people's and then wish I had something else.  It just is what it is.

I will shat my pants if I finish with more than you. Currently .20 behind. WTH

Ha I think you can do it.  If there's ever a year, its this one. 

I'd enjoy it if you beat me just to further add another stat to show this is the worst winter ever. 

You guys down there from TOL to ORH to BOS and SE are actually putting together a respectable winter all things considered.  Multiple advisory and warning events and snowfall that is probably within the normal "one standard deviation" range.

47" now on the season so it's out of ratter territory. Winder if between the one this coming weekend and again next week if I can get 12" to get to avg. long shot , but not out of realm of possibility

I believe you have beaten Mount Snow in southern VT at 3,000+ft on the season.

Ha I think you can do it. If there's ever a year, its this one.

I'd enjoy it if you beat me just to further add another stat to show this is the worst winter ever.

You guys down there from TOL to ORH to BOS and SE are actually putting together a respectable winter all things considered. Multiple advisory and warning events and snowfall that is probably within the normal "one standard deviation" range.

Hard to believe it took 2 Napril events to get us out of ratter territory. Avg is 59-60". So it's within shouting distance anyway

Between 3.5 and 4 here we did pretty good today actually seems like alot of snow lol great to have the winter look and feel now :)

Hard to believe it took 2 Napril events to get us out of ratter territory. Avg is 59-60". So it's within shouting distance anyway

What do you consider ratter territory?  I figured you guys were out of that after the events in February.  I figure its less than 50% of normal at least.

So HOPEFULLY the full crew come back to the boards a final time.  Though Kevin is tlaking about more snow.  

REALLY Bad News - We changed to Rain for 20 minutes and it Ruined the shoveling of what should have been a Tremendous storm.  The timing could not have been worse, as I ran outside to experience the final 15 minutes of winter snow falling, and it had Just changed!  Who thought That was going to happen?  Great to then shovel wet snow on top of the severe disappointment.   

Good News - It changed back to Snow.  And right now I'm at 5.5" and it's still snowing.  Would be really great to get to a 6" threshhold.  

Now - This picture BLEW up Twitter for 15 minutes yesterday.  My yard does this once in a while, but never this vivid, since there was Snow ON the trees fresh on one side, vs. old snow after days and weeks of melting where it's just on one side.  

post-2792-0-14297400-1459815154_thumb.jp

During today's snowstorm, numerous daily record low maximum temperatures were set or tied. Those records included:

Albany: 26° (old record: 29°, 2003)

Boston: 30° (tied record set in 1879)

Concord: 26° (old record: 27°, 1879)

Danbury: 33° (old record: 38°, 1975)

Hartford: 27° (old record: 32°, 1908)

Pittsfield: 24° (old record: 29°, 1954)

Portland: 25° (old record: 27°, 1908)

Providence: 31° (old record: 35°, 1908)

Worcester: 22° (old record: 31°, 1975)

Archived