joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Moderate Snow Potential 4/4

ORH_wxman

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

During today's snowstorm, numerous daily record low maximum temperatures were set or tied. Those records included:

Albany: 26° (old record: 29°, 2003)

Boston: 30° (tied record set in 1879)

Concord: 26° (old record: 27°, 1879)

Danbury: 33° (old record: 38°, 1975)

Hartford: 27° (old record: 32°, 1908)

Pittsfield: 24° (old record: 29°, 1954)

Portland: 25° (old record: 27°, 1908)

Providence: 31° (old record: 35°, 1908)

Worcester: 22° (old record: 31°, 1975)

what a year of extremes

Not deep.. After that Feb storm. I don't recall exactly ..Maybe 14-15"

Your max snow depth tied my 1,550ft depth from January, however, probably a first is that the fabled Pittsburgh, NH had a max depth of 12" at 1,600ft. And you also beat out another fabled spot of Coles Pond, VT at 2,300ft.

Both of those spots normally would have like a 30-40" max depth but this year it was around a foot.

your so nonchalant about it but comparatively speaking, even to other 1k sne sites you have had a rock star winter, you have had a mindboggling amount of winter victories in recent years

It makes sense though relative to other SNE elevations...the multi-year trend has been for obscene snowfall relative to other areas to be in SE New England. He's probably one of the furthest SE spot of 1,000ft in New England when you think about it. ORH is a little further east but is further north...Kev definitely has been getting the benefit of being the highest elevation close to the largest snowfall anomalies which are SE.

I know it's a joke but he's really been on a sweet stretch since 2012...when you consider the number of 10"+ storms.

I remember when he went like 6 years without getting over 14" back in the early days of forums.

I was 100% convinced it was physically impossible for this area to get more than that. I saw 16 in Dec 92 at my wife's parents house in town, but that was it.But that all changed in a big way in Jan 2011

Parts of my yard have like 8" OTG now..lol.

I see my parents should have around 7.5" according to the PNS.

Looking at the PVD records, that would be one of now four 6"+ storms for that area going back to to the early 1900s. (though the records are a little spotty before the 30s.

It makes sense though relative to other SNE elevations...the multi-year trend has been for obscene snowfall relative to other areas to be in SE New England. He's probably one of the furthest SE spot of 1,000ft in New England when you think about it. ORH is a little further east but is further north...Kev definitely has been getting the benefit of being the highest elevation close to the largest snowfall anomalies which are SE.

The thing is though.. The vast majority haven't been elevation dependant storms. None of the monster coastals were . The elevation storms are always the ones where I'll get 4-5 and lower down gets 1 on the grass or something. There haven't been any of those Dec 92 like storms where elevation really helped. Even Morch 2013 firehose wasn't really elevation storm

I see my parents should have around 7.5" according to the PNS.

Looking at the PVD records, that would be one of now four 6"+ storms for that area going back to to the early 1900s. (though the records are a little spotty before the 30s.

first time since 96 I have had 2 3 plus snow events in April. I have over 10 inches OTG in the shade. Snow is blowing around and drifting, sick.

Archived