• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Moderate Snow Potential 4/4

ORH_wxman

The thing is though.. The vast majority haven't been elevation dependant storms. None of the monster coastals were . The elevation storms are always the ones where I'll get 4-5 and lower down gets 1 on the grass or something. There haven't been any of those Dec 92 like storms where elevation really helped. Even Morch 2013 firehose wasn't really elevation storm

Elevation def helped in the Mar 2013 storm even though it wasn't a complete paste job...the early part of the storm was wet.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
819pm PNS:

4-6" with a few lollis to 7-9" covered majority of SNE, nicely distributed storm

Logan 4.7"

Highest report in Cedarville in Plymouth County, 9.3", incredible for this time of year!

Awesome storm given the calendar!

Blowing snow, snow piles and drifts, covered roads... amazing. Easily the coldest snowstorm I've ever experienced in April.

Along with Sunday's potent dynamics, dramatic changeover, baseball flakes, and winds, pretty strong finish to an otherwise disappointing winter.

Probably signing off back into hibernation / neglected work until next season barring additional surprises next week, velocity couplets, other summertime frozen precipitation, etc...

Good stuff as always everyone.

819pm PNS:
4-6" with a few lollis to 7-9" covered majority of SNE, nicely distributed storm
Logan 4.7"
Highest report in Cedarville in Plymouth County, 9.3", incredible for this time of year!

Awesome storm given the calendar!
Blowing snow, snow piles and drifts, covered roads... amazing. Easily the coldest snowstorm I've ever experienced in April.

Along with Sunday's potent dynamics, dramatic changeover, baseball flakes, and winds, pretty strong finish to an otherwise disappointing winter.

Probably signing off back into hibernation / neglected work until next season barring additional surprises next week, velocity couplets, other summertime frozen precipitation, etc...

Good stuff as always everyone.

Wait until the weekend is resolved and then log off for the summer...not out of the question for one more event.

Not sure how much ice accumulated in more shaded areas, I will check in the morning. The deck gets 4-5 hours of direct sun and it still looked like this mid afternoon, It bounced back and forth from sleet and rain with temps in the upper 20's all afternoon. Amazing how the chives survived in that position all winter long....

post-1781-0-30506100-1459818454_thumb.jp

post-1781-0-27282900-1459818468_thumb.jp

If someone pulls off like 0.25 to 0.50" ice that would be way more impressive than any of this snow. To me anyway.

Agree; an outstanding classic drainage pattern developed during the late morning/early afternoon period,

while many of us were watching the snow zone off to the north; I did not see any meaningful ice

accumulation forecast; I certainly did not have significant ice accumulation in my forecast! The NCAR

ensemble had an area of 0.2 to 0.3" ice accumulation in northern New Haven Cty but I admit not

putting much stock in it?

Agree; an outstanding classic drainage pattern developed during the late morning/early afternoon period,

while many of us were watching the snow zone off to the north; I did not see any meaningful ice

accumulation forecast; I certainly did not have significant ice accumulation in my forecast! The NCAR

ensemble had an area of 0.2 to 0.3" ice accumulation in northern New Haven Cty but I admit not

putting much stock in it?

NAM and RGEM also had that.

But didn't the coast and even TAN get 20+?

That was mostly interior elevated SE MA...like from Randolph to Walpole/Foxborough...though there were some 17-18" amounts lower down....but they had more QPF too. You benefited from some higher ratios once the snow dried out some.

Your max snow depth tied my 1,550ft depth from January, however, probably a first is that the fabled Pittsburgh, NH had a max depth of 12" at 1,600ft. And you also beat out another fabled spot of Coles Pond, VT at 2,300ft.

Both of those spots normally would have like a 30-40" max depth but this year it was around a foot.

My peak was 12"....30+ year average is 16".

Archived