• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Moderate Snow Potential 4/4

ORH_wxman

super low dews, all dark exposed surfaces are cleaned but anything with solid snow and those in the shade are fully covered. April 5th sun is so strong but what a Bluebird day.

Those types of spring days with fresh snow cover and the strong sun can almost be euphoric. 

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Guess which side of the yard gets the sun.

image.jpg

Interstingly I bet your snow was much higher ratio yesterday than it was down here. There is no grass showing anywhere in town or Vernon in the valley. Even though it was only low 20's the snow was not powdery due to the Warner temps aloft fir some of the storm. Yours looks like that fluff that just vaporizes

Interstingly I bet your snow was much higher ratio yesterday than it was down here. There is no grass showing anywhere in town or Vernon in the valley. Even though it was only low 20's the snow was not powdery due to the Warner temps aloft fir some of the storm. Yours looks like that fluff that just vaporizes

Early AM was fluff then the blitz started out with some sleet then all base no treble until the last inch which was pow again. Tremendous storm. May not have been a deep snow giving storm but very memorable to me.

Had 2.6" on .16" LE here,so about 16:1 ratio. Needless to say anything in sun was vaporized quickly today. Guessing Hippy was somewhere in that same range.

The 2009-2010 example is very very loose.  We had a fine winter that year and BTV actually had its largest storm on record in that winter and 90" on the season.   The loose analogy is getting  skunked while whiffed to the south, as I know there are some in SNE that refer to that as a horribly frustrating winter despite the overall totals.

Moreso in northern Maine, where the early Jan retro-bomb destroyed winter.  At CAR, 09-10 was far worse than this year - milder, less snow, more mess.  They reached their peak snowpack (13") in Dec, and once Jan arrived never again made it to 10". 

Archived