Toothache
Model Mezzanine - April(Fools) General Model Discussion

FXWX

• Replies 792
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Euro tries to end early week storm as snow 

CeV8vemXIAEcbe2.jpg

Doesn't try very hard.  Its above freezing at 925mb but yes, 850mb in CNE/SNE ranges from -2C to +2C.  Maybe ends as snow at the hypothetical picnic tables at 4,000ft.

Unfortunately we are at the time of year when sub-freezing 850s don't mean as much as they did in January and February.

Nope.I'm not going back to look for it..but I 100% recall you posting what the 850's were after I had said 80 and said not happening.. and taking the under. Then a few days later you corrected and said it might be possible

I think I said 76-78F. Truly a horrible call for a few days out in early March.

Doesn't try very hard. Its above freezing at 925mb but yes, 850mb in CNE/SNE ranges from -2C to +2C. Maybe ends as snow at the hypothetical picnic tables at 4,000ft.

Unfortunately we are at the time of year when sub-freezing 850s don't mean as much as they did in January and February.

Congrats Mitch

Congrats Mitch

Yeah his new property might change over to a period of catpaws or aggregates verbatim on that one. 

I'm even jealous of 2,200ft in the southern Greens plateau... except for this season.  But he's going to have some seasons that are just wall-to-wall burial at that elevation.  I spend a lot of time at elevation but there's a big difference between living at that elevation...coming home to a driveway at 2,200ft with a 4 foot snowpack on the ground.

Yeah his new property might change over to a period of catpaws or aggregates verbatim on that one.

I'm even jealous of 2,200ft in the southern Greens plateau... except for this season. But he's going to have some seasons that are just wall-to-wall burial at that elevation. I spend a lot of time at elevation but there's a big difference between living at that elevation...coming home to a driveway at 2,200ft with a 4 foot snowpack on the ground.

Coming home and being very very lonely as the only house within miles.

I was just looking at March 1956 storm pics from around here

Shut ton of snow

One of the more epic late seasons for snow lovers in central MA...esp N ORH county. There were like 6 different storms over 6" from March 15th onward...including a big one on April 8-9 and even a moderate event April 23-24, 1956.

There was a 30"+ snowpack over the N ORH hills on April 1st....most of which was snow that fell after March 15th...not from earlier in the winter. The snow cover was actually still there on April 23rd when that moderate event fell...not too bad to have snow on snow that late in the year. It finally melted out a few days later, but what a run that was. It was actually almost more impressive than 2001 in that it lasted longer...2001 was more prolific, but it came to an end in April with a slow meltout...but no actual events in April whereas 1956 had multiple events in April after a ton of snow in March.

call it would one will ... to me that Euro solution looks similar to that which led to the 80 F day last week.  granted, it may not have when the debate was airing it certainly does now.   in fact...next thur is down right balmy on these last couple of runs, with unabated deep layer SW, well mixed flow and 850 T about to exceed 10 C ...  probably good for 78 or 79 F away from the S coast. 

D6 tho so the usual caveats apply - 

Archived