• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Model Mezzanine - April(Fools) General Model Discussion

FXWX

GGEM was warm for us...but other guidance wasn't.

It's all about the sfc low track if you are looking for warm temps. If the sfc low stays south of us then we'll stay cold.

I'm not..But I am highly suspicious of any model that shows warmth on Monday north of DC with such strong CAA all day Sunday.

Those warm ideas will get tossed

• Replies 792
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Man Eastern Mass gets quite the event on Tuesday as that thing deepens...warning snows north of the Pike or ORH, but that has the signal of a developing strong CCB as it pulls east over BOS.

Clown maps have 10-11" at BOS through Tuesday evening.

If it remains consistent through 00z Friday, then I'll blink.

Special? 65-low 70s? Eh.

- it's a joke relating to how people are stepping over all the cool meteorology between now and saturday night ... like wishing on a worm hole to get us to snow without having to experience any life in between.  

- it's a joke relating to how people are stepping over all the cool meteorology between now and saturday night ... like wishing on a worm hole to get us to snow without having to experience any life in between.  

:lol:  Yeah it will be nice tomorrow...but I would rather worm hole to the cool (no pun intended) meteorology later this weekend. 

But there's more interesting stuff coming in later days.... what's the interesting meteorology tomorrow?

What is Sunday, wind and rain ending as squalls?

Could end as a period of heavy snow/whiteout/wind...but I think the better chance is north...though your spot in SNE is as good as any sans maybe somewhere in the N Berks/N ORH county. But if Euro panned out, that would definitely be a period of snow and wind Sunday morning. However, it should be noted that is the furthest south of any guidance....but at 90-96h out, it can't be totally tossed.

It's worth keeping a tempered interest until we get closer.

The best chance though for SNE is probably 4/5...4/7-8 has potential too but that is pretty deep into clown range.

Could end as a period of heavy snow/whiteout/wind...but I think the better chance is north...though your spot in SNE is as good as any sans maybe somewhere in the N Berks/N ORH county. But if Euro panned out, that would definitely be a period of snow and wind Sunday morning. However, it should be noted that is the furthest south of any guidance....but at 90-96h out, it can't be totally tossed.

It's worth keeping a tempered interest until we get closer.

The best chance though for SNE is probably 4/5...4/7-8 has potential too but that is pretty deep into clown range.

Would you say early week storm has risk to cut north and also a risk it goes south?

But there's more interesting stuff coming in later days.... what's the interesting meteorology tomorrow?

firstly .. .i think we bust MOS warm tomorrow.   *IF* - I will say it depends on the wind direction - SSW is almost as bad as an ENE flip at this time of year...  

if we can get things more angled 220+ we probably squirt toward 78 or so in typical hot spots, and that's pretty interesting Met to me considering where the region will be sunday evening.  it's all connected in the great vast arena of weather - the totality of that transition begs the monitoring. 

we used to have a saying up at UML when i was an undergrad - 'first it gets warm, then it gets cold, BOOM' 

seemed ...relative to scale, there was always some aspect of 'correcting' going on and the storm was part of it.  hmmm.

Decently south of the OP for Tuesday. Surprising given that some of the other guidance is decently north.

That would be a good solution as is. You get the initial W-E elongation from the mid level WAA generating precip and then that gradual tilt SW-NE as low pressure develops.

That would be a good solution as is. You get the initial W-E elongation from the mid level WAA generating precip and then that gradual tilt SW-NE as low pressure develops.

Yes agreed....if we can get through another 3-4 model cycles of a decent solution, then it will become pretty interesting.

Archived