Model Mezzanine - April(Fools) General Model Discussion

FXWX

• Replies 792
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice GFS run too for SNE:

f168.gif

f174.gif

And this seasons' southern storm track is back again. Congrats in advance lol. We can probably mail this one in at this point given the stable low pressure tracks we've seen since January 1st.

Option 1 is up the St Lawrence, and option 2 is near the Benchmark :lol:.

Cute GFS run too, but since it gives snow to east NY state it won't happen.

Haha it'll happen, just further east than shown ;). You forget there has to be a few runs that give ALB the chance to get their first 2" event in 400+ days, but then it has to slip east slowly so they end up partly sunny while ORH gets 6". That's the script at least.

That would probably be nuclear cyclogenesis along that frontal boundary, lol.

i'm sayin'  ...sucker's got -10C 8fitties at Utica while it's +12C on the Cape!

who ever said spring normalizes gradients...  that's about as baroclinically charged and ready to go as is physically possible on the planet Earth

Scott should be hookin' us up.  i know up there at WSI they get operational euro feeds out to 300 hours -

Man that storm on the Gfs would be a cold powdery snow in broad April daylight which wouldn't make a bit of difference. Let's get this done.

Don't get sucked in too early.

But yeah, it's a very cold airmass ahead of the 4/5 potential threat.

Wow. Deep, deep winter on the euro op beginning this Sunday.

I have not been here--nor even looked at a model--in about two weeks.  Crazy busy these days.  I finally got around to checking this out this morning and just had to laugh.  Mother Nature mocks us.  Refuses to give us a winter, now refuses a spring.  One can only guess what summer will be.

On the plus side, the impact of our horrific long-standing drought will likely be delayed.

A weenie GFS run just through day 7.  One event this weekend and then another early next week.

Figures...April will be the snowiest month of the winter.

Although one definitely has to lean against this type of thing occurring as it doesn't follow the seasonal swaths of snow (one being Quebec and the other being SE New England). 

A weenie GFS run just through day 7. One event this weekend and then another early next week.

Figures...April will be the snowiest month of the winter.

Although one definitely has to lean against this type of thing occurring as it doesn't follow the seasonal swaths of snow (one being Quebec and the other being SE New England).

gfs_6hr_snow_acc_neng_29.png

Whoops that must be from the 6z ... I'm sure Mass gets more than that from the 0z.

Archived