joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Model Mezzanine - April(Fools) General Model Discussion

FXWX

• Replies 792
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Forky is right, but the s/w is sharper. It's a bit of a double-edged sword....but the winning outcome is a sizeable storm. In theory, you want it sharp enough to blow up the storm closer to the coast.  The whole thing is a bit stretched out.

Yeah we actually want to play with fire as much as possible in that setup...it would give the most robust snow solution in that hypothetical outcome. Get something tracking into PA and then really trying to redevelop S of SNE...rapidly.

Yeah we actually want to play with fire as much as possible in that setup...it would give the most robust snow solution in that hypothetical outcome. Get something tracking into PA and then really trying to redevelop S of SNE...rapidly.

Does the Euro phase the storm more than the GFS with that S. Atlantic storm? GFS showed that yesterday, but back off in it's latest op run.

Does the Euro phase the storm more than the GFS with that S. Atlantic storm? GFS showed that yesterday, but back off in it's latest op run.

No, the 4/5 is solely northern stream...at least now. The southern energy is weak and gets pushed well ahead of anything.

I guess we're not talking about Sunday in the Sunday thread?

The DIT gone wild thread for Sunday?

I thought he was obsessing over winds in that thread. But something closer to the Euro and now 18z GFS gets snowier for places south of NNE...from your hood to the pike anyway. I guess we can move this discussion there....if someone wants to do the grunt work...I'm just leaving work late today.

I wouldn't mind now if they take it

Oh yeah we are well past caring at this stage, just fun joking with Coastalwx and Will lately about it...this new climate regime, haha.

Though you do seem to get in on many more of the events that hit SNE...like I bet that GFS run was snowier for you than the previous few runs.

Oh yeah we are well past caring at this stage, just fun joking with Coastalwx and Will lately about it...this new climate regime, haha.

Though you do seem to get in on many more of the events that hit SNE...like I bet that GFS run was snowier for you than the previous few runs.

Yeah, That run was, But like most this winter, They all looked good a few days out then either trended further north into Northern Maine or down south into SNE, I expect the same this time as well

Euro even further south on Sunday morning. Would probably be some white for many in SNE. Monday night into Tuesday probably an advisory event verbatim, esp n of pike.

It seems every thing is showing less robust sn/qpf totals, or am I making that up?

I have a really important event on campus Sunday--having snow during it won't be a good thing regarding attendance.

Archived