Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
2016 Spring/Summer Banter, Complaint, Whining Thread

• Replies 752
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Blinding snow Saturday.... lovely day Sunday.... and today felt like December.  Ugh.  Please, can we string together more than one day of sunshine around here?  This is getting real old, real fast.  Any relief from this pattern in the near term?  I know Skilling was saying we can expect more of the same through the 17th...... after that, hopefully it improves. 

Blinding snow Saturday.... lovely day Sunday.... and today felt like December.  Ugh.  Please, can we string together more than one day of sunshine around here?  This is getting real old, real fast.  Any relief from this pattern in the near term?  I know Skilling was saying we can expect more of the same through the 17th...... after that, hopefully it improves. 

I hear you. Keeping my fingers crossed the long range doesn't change.

My lawn isn't totally green yet and I've only seen a handful of opened Daffodils so far. Usually they are all open by now.

Can't wait for the snow prospects for other areas in the sub to finally wane in the coming weeks. Every time I see a post about upcoming snow it just reminds me that we're still technically at the end of the winter season, and just makes me want to puke in my mouth a little. Can't wait for May.

I agree. Mentally closes the book on this crap winter.

Need a warm, dry day. Lawn is getting out of control, as the first fertilizer application was about 10 days ago with plenty of rain to wash it in.

I agree. Mentally closes the book on this crap winter.

Need a warm, dry day. Lawn is getting out of control, as the first fertilizer application was about 10 days ago with plenty of rain to wash it in.

Going to be a little bit before my grass is long enough to cut. The last couple snows will likely help it with the nitrogen factor. This week doesn't look like prime grass growing weather. 

Saw my neighbor putting fertilizer down before the snow was completely melted off.  :lol:

EURO was nothing but east flow here at the end of the week, so not sure when it will hit 60° next.

This winter is officially worse than 2011-2012. At least then we had a warm spring afterwards. I've had about enough of this garbage "early December" weather where it's cold, windy and snowing but nothing sticks. No redeeming qualities for this whatsoever.

For me there is no comparison...this winter was leaps and bounds better than 2011-12 in every facet of the game. Once the last flake falls (today?), June can't get here fast enough.

This winter is officially worse than 2011-2012. At least then we had a warm spring afterwards. I've had about enough of this garbage "early December" weather where it's cold, windy and snowing but nothing sticks. No redeeming qualities for this whatsoever.

Agreed, mainly because of the bolded.

It's like the movie Groundhog's Day with this overall crappy pattern we've been stuck in since August 2012. 

The rex block in the extended has me concerned. Looks like a protracted stretch of very dry weather. Not good for the farmers and personally I hate when the ground gets crunchy in April.

Well its been quite wet lately so a bit of a dry period would actually be useful (for now) to get some work in the field done. Locally at least we've had plenty of precipitation so winter crops are fine and soil moisture will be good for planting assuming a dry spell doesn't last too long.

Need to get some fertilizing done, work the fields etc. and aiming to start planting our research plots the last week of April.

Archived