Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
2016 Spring/Summer Banter, Complaint, Whining Thread

• Replies 752
  • Created
  • Last Reply

While the OP models show some dreary times ahead, the GEFS and GEPS both show a warming trend as we get into May. Light at the end of the tunnel? Seen some talk about a fullblown pattern change as we get into May. Any input? 

Western trough on both the EURO and GEFS at day 10. It looks like if I could see the EURO farther, the flow would go zonal at least. Seeing that high off the west coast.

ecmwf_T850_namer_11.png

GEFS day 10

gfs-ens_z500a_namer_41.png

Lot of ridging by May 1st.

gfs-ens_z500a_namer_53.png

Eh there's a bunch of big lakes around us, we'd be fine. Haha I personally wouldn't mind about two weeks more of this weather

All I know is it has taken about 10 years to recoup the losses on the Great Lakes with the last major drought. I like being able to get the boat out without worry of bottoming out because the water is down 2 feet.

While the OP models show some dreary times ahead, the GEFS and GEPS both show a warming trend as we get into May. Light at the end of the tunnel? Seen some talk about a fullblown pattern change as we get into May. Any input? 

That wouldn't surprise me. Since 2013, this has pretty much been the trend:

*Cold March/Aprils

*Torchy Mays

*Seasonably Cold Summers.

It has to end eventually.

All I know is it has taken about 10 years to recoup the losses on the Great Lakes with the last major drought. I like being able to get the boat out without worry of bottoming out because the water is down 2 feet.

Oh I was just kidding about that. I'm just saying that getting boats out is about the worst thing we can worry about, it's not like out west where real shortages exist

2b3f714fb18c46b98654911661678183.jpg

My brother found this monster this week outside of Columbia, MO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You've got to be kidding!

Your brother might want to find out what the biggest morel ever found was. You might have a record breaker there. Worth a small fortune too.

I've gone out morel picking too, but I have never found anything half the big.

That's huge. Most of the time, they get picked or die before they get that big.

Geos, hard to believe that you've only mowed once. I will be mowing for the sixth time tomorrow.

I could have probably mowed last week in a small area. The grass took a hard beating with the sleet storm. That ice just matted it down more than usual. 

Been too cool here for it take off any earlier. Running over 4° below normal for the month still.

Something about the conditions this year in that region have made those monsters very common. Many are finding them around that size this week. I go every spring when visiting MO around Easter, never seen or heard of anything that big, but seriously, many many of them that size this season. Not sure what exactly is making them so productive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mild winter and plenty of moisture?

Amazing find.

Archived