Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
2016 Spring/Summer Banter, Complaint, Whining Thread

• Replies 752
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Weatherbell summer outlook is a scorcher...has +3 to +5 for basically the entire region.  To put that in perspective, those anomalies would match or exceed some hot summers like 2005, 2010, and 2012.  Of course there are more ways than one to get a summer like they're suggesting so it doesn't necessarily mean historic heat waves, but it would probably tip the odds in favor of some pretty intense heat waves.

Hey, Hoosier, can you point me in the direction of where they keep their forecasts? I just got WxBell and am somewhat clueless. 

From other post: At least the Euro weeklies look good after the beginning of April.  :)

Hey, Hoosier, can you point me in the direction of where they keep their forecasts? I just got WxBell and am somewhat clueless.

From other post: At least the Euro weeklies look good after the beginning of April. :)

I saw it posted elsewhere. I don't subscribe so I can't help.

As disappointing and frustrating that it is to miss out on another snowstorm as we depart this horrific winter season, I'm sort of glad in a way.  Anything that falls this week will be gone in a matter of days anyway, and would only serve to reduce the futility factor in the stat department.  This is the perfect way to finish this "season".  Areas that have cashed in all winter get to fluff up their season totals even more, whilst the rest of us slink away sheepishly, and relish what little scraps winter had mercifully thrown our way.  

As disappointing and frustrating that it is to miss out on another snowstorm as we depart this horrific winter season, I'm sort of glad in a way.  Anything that falls this week will be gone in a matter of days anyway, and would only serve to reduce the futility factor in the stat department.  This is the perfect way to finish this "season".  Areas that have cashed in all winter get to fluff up their season totals even more, whilst the rest of us slink away sheepishly, and relish what little scraps winter had mercifully thrown our way.  

I think we might have one more shot. Euro, believe it or not, just confirmed my thinking. 

Of course we get an ideal low track for a winter storm.....in late March so it's all mixed precip and cold rain. I was starting to really like this March until a psuedo winter had to rear its ugly head again.

always fun when the euro teases you with 2' amounts 2-3 runs in a row

Lol....I agree with, give thumbs up, and many "+1"s to pretty much every post on this thread. Especially cyclone's post about being fooled 18 times and the many inches of Euro snow. The Euro has fooled this area so many times this winter. It was a WRECK for these parts. The GFS and it's screwing us all winter was right on.

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure where to put this, but incredible close up video of the April 9th, 2015 Fairdale Tornado. Unfortunately with a very sad ending as well.

http://www.dailyherald.com/article/20160403/news/160409707/

Longer version of that here.  

This ranks right up there with that Washington IL video in the top 1 and 2 for me.  Just incredible.

Archived