Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
2016 Spring/Summer Banter, Complaint, Whining Thread

• Replies 752
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Was just thinking that without the Nov storm we would have had under 10" of snow for the season.  That's freaking insane.  If the Nov storm would have tracked a few hundred miles north this winter would have never been topped for futility.  Even with that, we only received 9.6" of snow after Nov 22nd!  

EDIT:  DVN finished with an appalling 16.6" lol.  

Was just thinking that without the Nov storm we would have had under 10" of snow for the season.  That's freaking insane.  If the Nov storm would have tracked a few hundred miles north this winter would have never been topped for futility.  Even with that, we only received 9.6" of snow after Nov 22nd!  

EDIT:  DVN finished with an appalling 16.6" lol.  

That's nuts. I think Chicago's least snowy winter was near 10-12".

The gradient between your place and this area is crazy.

There was some really crappy weather on the 0z EURO starting day 6 going through 10. 40s for most/alot of us.

Unforunately does appear that we're going to see a pullback from this unseasonably warm weather to something seasonal or cooler than average.

Unforunately does appear that we're going to see a pullback from this unseasonably warm weather to something seasonal or cooler than average.

Yeah its crap, we can't have a nice stretch of spring weather last more than a week. Gotta have the Geos cold and grey special always in the mix.

You have become a bit of a killjoy though recently Geos. When we're enjoying this nice weather and half of your posts are about the possibility of more ugly spring weather like we had in the first half of the month it almost feels like you're endorsing it.

Thank you, exactly the point I was driving at.

You have become a bit of a killjoy though recently Geos. When we're enjoying this nice weather and half of your posts are about the possibility of more ugly spring weather like we had in the first half of the month it almost feels like you're endorsing it.

Should we instead endorse sunny boring days, debating whether the high temp will be 78 or 82? If so, let's have Honolulu HI thread and discuss the incredible variance of their weather.

Many of us like unusual/abnormal weather, regardless of the "direction". 40s for highs would be unusual in late April, so why not discuss/endorse? I can't believe we even have to defend this. Heck, the NE forum already has a winter 2016-17 thread.

Should we instead endorse sunny boring days, debating whether the high temp will be 78 or 82? If so, let's have Honolulu HI thread and discuss the incredible variance of their weather.

Many of us like unusual/abnormal weather, regardless of the "direction". 40s for highs would be unusual in late April, so why not discuss/endorse? I can't believe we even have to defend this. Heck, the NE forum already has a winter 2016-17 thread.

Why should we not endorse 40s in late April, well I think the fruit industry in this state including a peach tree in my yard would probably have a problem with cold weather. Winter doesn't need to be a 365 day a year season.

Oh and comparing to the NE forum isn't exactly a positive thing, we don't need winter threads already for something that is 8 months off.

I'm not endorsing the cold weather. You might want to reread my posts lately. The last week of March and early April we were discussing the current weather and snow that was falling. We had some interesting weather earlier in the month with the intense snow showers and all.

I said there is crappy weather on the EURO - a.k.a. not welcome imo. I think everyone here agrees with me that it looks crappy on the 12z too.

The models show, what the models want to show. We point out what's coming down the road here - whether it's warm, cold, sunny, rainy, or snowy. I have a preference for spring weather over summer weather right now, but that's it.

Why should we not endorse 40s in late April, well I think the fruit industry in this state including a peach tree in my yard would probably have a problem with cold weather. Winter doesn't need to be a 365 day a year season.

Oh and comparing to the NE forum isn't exactly a positive thing, we don't need winter threads already for something that is 8 months off.

:baby:

Archived