joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Feb 15-16 President's Day Massacre Obs

CT Valley Snowman

• Replies 837
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That was pretty cool to see. All those 20s tucked in. CT valley still in 20s AWT. Vintage for southerly flow events. Valleys in ORH county big difference vs more exposed spots.

That was some of the most dramatic changes in a few miles that I've seen. It was clear until Woburn, where there was FZFG. However, it was sunny and mild right into about the Hood Plant in Charlestown. Then I noticed that very shallow fog layer in Medford about 2 miles later. It was clear, but trees had ice. I then hit FZFG right neart 128. 

That was some of the most dramatic changes in a few miles that I've seen. It was clear until Woburn, where there was FZFG. However, it was sunny and mild right into about the Hood Plant in Charlestown. Then I noticed that very shallow fog layer in Medford about 2 miles later. It was clear, but trees had ice. I then hit FZFG right neart 128. 

:weenie:

25.9 freezing fog

You should see my parking garage.  Every surface is covered with thick frost giving it an eerie look and making for slick walking.

91 south from Enfield to Hartford is a disaster

What is up with the CT DOT?  I drive north from Enfield where the interstate is practically ice covered to just wet pavement with minimal slush in Massachusetts.

I had an interesting commute this morning.  Temp was 41° at home but up at 1000' it was 46° on the vehicle thermometer.  It didn't change much coming down into the valley until I got to about 450' and then the temperature just dropped.  At one point I looked down and dropped 10° so you could see how shallow the layer is .

I remember a time when I left Springfield with a temp of 36° and a few miles south of here I hit warm front and the temp jump to near 60°.  My windows fogged up and I had to stop.  That had to be one of the most dramatic changes I had ever seen.  Stuff like that is amazing to observe.  I even turned my car around so I could go through it again....lol.

I remember a time when I left Springfield with a temp of 36° and a few miles south of here I hit warm front and the temp jump to near 60°.  My windows fogged up and I had to stop.  That had to be one of the most dramatic changes I had ever seen.  Stuff like that is amazing to observe.  I even turned my car around so I could go through it again....lol.

:weenie: :weenie: :weenie:

Archived