joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Feb 15-16 President's Day Massacre Obs

CT Valley Snowman

• Replies 837
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Up to 45F and rising fast. Anyone know how much direct wind speed large picture windows can take before breaking? We've got multiple ones on our prow up to ~6x6'. I've seen them flex inward on direct S/SW winds. Worried about 40+mph direct "hits".

I'm not sure if the glass but I know our windows at the summit lodges are all bigger than 6x6 and they take some fairly extreme winds. Then again those may not be residential issued glass. But it doesn't look any different than a picture window at any house.

I'd be worried if it only takes 40-50mph to shatter your windows...that sounds like a construction fail if it were to happen.

I'm not sure if the glass but I know our windows at the summit lodges are all bigger than 6x6 and they take some fairly extreme winds. Then again those may not be residential issued glass. But it doesn't look any different than a picture window at any house.

I'd be worried if it only takes 40-50mph to shatter your windows...that sounds like a construction fail if it were to happen.

thanks. House is only 3 years old and built with quality anderson windows. I'm sure we'll be fine.

woah!!

I hope we get lightning here.  The line still looks alright but it better not weaken any further.  I mean this is BS...every single time...weaken, weaken, weaken...that's all everything does.  Its beyond ridiculous 

Relying on February for your thunder/cloud structure is a losing effort. 

True but looking at the other side of things we have been convectively active this winter...just wait until the spring/summer come.  Should be very active this year

good i hope you gets lots of severe and i hope i miss all of it...i seen enough for a lifetime...i will be happy to watch it on youtube

Archived