SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Continued Winter Banter.

Ericjcrash

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There is no way that if the coast is 100% pure rain for the 16th that anyone on this subforum in the interior is mostly snow. At best snow to heavy rain.

1998 is over.

For the interior to cash in with huge amounts it would require NYC to see at least half snow and then rain. If NYC is all rain, interior will be slop.

Famous last words

This storm will certainly look different. But the models handle cutters much better than storms that ride up the coast, for whatever reason. Either way, let's get this (rain) storm out of the way, and hope it ushers in a colder period for the last real part of winter.

And unlike the Plains Blizzard, which changed the pattern here but resulted in all misses for everyone outside LI, hopefully we get into an active pattern that results in widespread snows.

This storm will certainly look different. But the models handle cutters much better than storms that ride up the coast, for whatever reason. Either way, let's get this (rain) storm out of the way, and hope it ushers in a colder period for the last real part of winter.

And unlike the Plains Blizzard, which changed the pattern here but resulted in all misses for everyone outside LI, hopefully we get into an active pattern that results in widespread snows.

well said ..plenty of winter left imo ..

There is no way that if the coast is 100% pure rain for the 16th that anyone on this subforum in the interior is mostly snow. At best snow to heavy rain.

1998 is over.

For the interior to cash in with huge amounts it would require NYC to see at least half snow and then rain. If NYC is all rain, interior will be slop.

Lol.. And you wonder why people troll you. 

Because in the end, it is rain here if the storm is west of us by 50 miles or 200 miles.  I'm sure folks way west would think otherwise though.  That 150 mile jog for them could be snow or sunny skies, but we don't care to look since it has no bearing on us.

Shot this photo from Avalon, New Jersey this morning at 430. I've got to say the HRRR model nailed the cloud cover. All evening it showed a three hour window of just enough breaks in the clouds for me to get this shot. We left the city at midnight in the height of those snow showers that came through so I had my doubts but it worked out well.

j56tUZ9.jpg

Lol.. And you wonder why people troll you. 

To be fair... https://twitter.com/ericfisher/status/697619482605285377

Shot this photo from Avalon, New Jersey this morning at 430. I've got to say the HRRR model nailed the cloud cover. All evening it showed a three hour window of just enough breaks in the clouds for me to get this shot. We left the city at midnight in the height of those snow showers that came through so I had my doubts but it worked out well.

That's really great - reminds me of Jack Fusco's work.

I grew up eating Arbys fries and horseradish mayo and enjoyed mixing it with the BBQ sauce.

Amsterdam and Venice would be my two top picks to visit in Europe. Probably why I moved to

near the canals of the Great South Bay.

Nice. 

Been to Amsterdam several times and Venice once. Both are great. The gelato in Venice is incredible.

Archived