• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
Continued Winter Banter.

Ericjcrash

What you don't seem to understand is that's called wishcasting and not scientific reasoning. Show me something in the pattern that supports the system tracking further East and I'll shut up.

Statements such as, "well other storms shifted East" or "Remember what happened with the blizzard" are completely irrelevant.

You have a kicker moving through the lakes and you still can't get it done. That should tell you something. If not for that pig ridge, the system would probably end up well OTS and we would be praying for a phase.

gfs_z500_vort_eus_19.png

So explain to me how saying "upstate NY" sees a lot of snow... Warranted a pissy response.. About how it has nothing to do with Nyc metro.. I'll be sure to monitor your posts to ensure you never mention another area other than NYC metro again

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They don't have to worry about the marine layer killing the tstorms like here.

Yep. It's so darn irritating to watch them get slammed by storms over and over again, and then see how a huge storm nearing us just evaporates into thin air or suddenly turn north and hit CT, even though we have plenty of instability. You get teased so badly by all the posts about how "huge hail is falling" and the lightning flashes in the distance, and then it just never comes. 

lol, the NYC Metro forum, the only forum where half of a thread is about fights over whether or not someone gets 2 inches or 3. Why are we the only forum to constantly be in fight mode? The MidAtl forum barely gets anything on average and they seem to be pretty calm with each other...

Lol

lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol

Yep. It's so darn irritating to watch them get slammed by storms over and over again, and then see how a huge storm nearing us just evaporates into thin air or suddenly turn north and hit CT, even though we have plenty of instability. You get teased so badly by all the posts about how "huge hail is falling" and the lightning flashes in the distance, and then it just never comes.

Eh I'm used to it already. Last real tstorm I seen here was September 2010

This is not true lol... I was above average last season.. And the season prior with a seasonal average of 50+

The past 13 years I've been averaging 58.8" which is roughly 6-7" yrs above my long term average. I have no idea what that guy in Orient is talking about lol. Im quite sure he is averaging 40" tops in the same span.

The past 13 years I've been averaging 58.8" which is roughly 6-7" yrs above my long term average. I have no idea what that guy in Orient is talking about lol. Im quite sure he is averaging 40" tops in the same span.

From all the whining I've heard, not to mention from talking to friends upstate. Saying they haven't been getting the snowed they used to years ago, as frequently..

When was the last time you hit 50+ inches?

The prevalence of wild exaggerations of snowfall not withstanding, we've been doing pretty well, including a bunch of 50+ winters.  Here is my record, which includes totals from big events that are sometimes criticized in these forums as under-reported (but are not):

http://www.northshorewx.com/ClimateData/SmithtownDailySnowfall.pdf

Here is the Upton record which is now maintained by OKX:

https://www.bnl.gov/weather/4cast/MonthlySnowfall.htm

Relative to average LI and Central Jersey have done the best. Easily +50% of average in the same span

What you don't seem to understand is that's called wishcasting and not scientific reasoning. Show me something in the pattern that supports the system tracking further East and I'll shut up.

Statements such as, "well other storms shifted East" or "Remember what happened with the blizzard" are completely irrelevant.

You have a kicker moving through the lakes and you still can't get it done. That should tell you something. If not for that pig ridge, the system would probably end up well OTS and we would be praying for a phase.

gfs_z500_vort_eus_19.png

Good post.

That's part of the reason why I don't think this will end up as a snow interior, rain coast outcome. He can't buy a good snowstorm up there. Either he starts as snow and flips to rain or he's all rain like most of the rest of us.

You literally just Said not to use "past storms" as reasoning towards a solution and here you say that because we haven't gotten a lot of snow this year it's part of the reason you don't see it happening lol

gfs_z500_vort_eus_19.png

Exactly, this was never a snowstorm for us, ever. I don't know why anyone thinks this setup is going to magically turn into a NYC metro area snowstorm. The setup could not possibly get any worse. This is a rainstorm, always was

gfs_z500_vort_eus_19.png

That's part of the reason why I don't think this will end up as a snow interior, rain coast outcome. He can't buy a good snowstorm up there. Either he starts as snow and flips to rain or he's all rain like most of the rest of us.

These 2 posts contradict one another

Archived